Thread: My system protection is not working on Windows 7

My system protection is not working on Windows 7

I am using the DELL vostro 1014 laptop and with 320 GB hard disk and 3 GB Ram. With the Windows7 operating system and the Intel core i3 processor. Actually it seems to me that my system protection is not working in the way it should be. In the beginning the system protection is turned off and no restore points are created. But as I try turn-on the system protection on a partition then it denies doing the same in fact gives me an error saying that “The file name directory name or volume label syntax is incorrect. (0x8007007B) Close the property page and try again”. Please help me in this case and also let me know how to get rid of this issue.

Re: My system protection is not working on Windows 7

Well if this is the case then I think there is certainly a problem in the operating system that you have installed. It happens if the Windows 7 that you have installed is not done correctly then it tends to give such errors. So try and do these uninstall the windows 7 and then install the fresh copy of the same. I hope that doing this will solve your issue.

It seems to me that I can help you to solve this problem, the thing here is that system restores helps us to get rid of this problem. Actually I was also facing the similar kind of problem a few days back and doing the system restore helped me to get back my system on track. I mean to say that you should also try the similar thing it will definitely help you.

If you have to solve this problem than you have to just follow the below mention steps. The steps are nothing but enable you to create the system protection of your own.
    • First of all click on the start button
    • Then go to the control panel and select the system maintenance and then select the “System” option.
    • Then you will find the System protection and then you will be prompted for the administration passwords then just use it.
    • After that you have to select the System protection Tab and then just hit create.
    • This will help you to create the system protection.
    • Then a dialog box will appear in that you have to write the description and just create it

To remove these errors do the following workaround:
    To set the proper restore point path in Windows 7, performing the following steps:
    • Open the start menu by clicking on start
    • Then you have to type sysdm.cpl in the search box and press <Enter>.
    • Then the user Account Control window will appear
    • After that you have to Click Continue.
    • As you click on continue a new System Properties window appears.
    • Just click on the System Protection tab.
    • Then below Automatic restore points, uncheck any invalid or duplicate location
    • Atlas click on OK