Thread: Shrinking Windows 7 Basic Volume Using New Simple Volume Wizard Causing Errors

Shrinking Windows 7 Basic Volume Using New Simple Volume Wizard Causing Errors

Hey peoples Hi I have just got a new laptop that is having the install version of the Windows 7 Home Edition. The working of the laptop is the best and has got a better functionality and the performance is good if compared to any of the system. I have just planning to shrink the C: Drive and then planning to make it as the D: drive. The working in the beginning was good has not got any errors while I was working with it, I have got the message of “Completing Volume Wizard” screen and it was working out perfectly. All the choices are appearing perfectly fine but when I just click on the OK button a error is being displayed that states that, the operation which you have selected will be converting the selected basic disks to dynamic disks. Please tell me what the error that is being faced by me is and also the solution for it.

Re: Shrinking Windows 7 Basic Volume Using New Simple Volume Wizard Causing Errors

There are two types of disks that are available the one is called the basic disk and the other is called as the Dynamic disk. All this types are present in the Windows configuration that helps you to perform various tasks and also the configuration that is regarding to the basic settings that are related to the computer settings. Most of the personal computers are being configured as the basic disks, which tend to be simple and very easy to manage.

Re: Shrinking Windows 7 Basic Volume Using New Simple Volume Wizard Causing Errors

Also you can just make the use of the advanced user option that can be made for the usage of the Dynamic disks and which are the simplest way to manage the data and also make the settings that you wanted for the computer settings that are required for the Windows 7 options. The advanced option is the only version through which you got to make the use and then you have to just use the basic options that will just work fine if you are trying to use the shrinking option.

if you are planning to make the dynamic disks to the simple disks then you can just make the use of the following steps that are defined by me below:
    1. Then you got to open the control panel option and then just click on to the Administrative Tools icon and then just close the control panel.
    2. After that just click on to the computer management option that is present in the Administrative Tools and then just close the Administrative Tools windows.
    3. After that just click on to the left pane under Storage and then just click on to the Disk Management.
    4. Then after that in the middle pane just right click on it and just click on to the partition that you wanted to shrink and just click on to the Shrink Volume.

This should help you to shrink the option for the drive you have just opted for.

Then after the above options you can also try and add the additional steps that will help you out to perform the task that you just wanted to perform the task of the shrinking that of the C: drive:
    1. You got to type that how many MB of the shrink space is available and how many you want to shrink by the use of the partition or the volume that you wanted to use it for new unallocated space and then just you got click on to the Shrink button.
    2. After that use the select partition that has now been shrunk and then just create a file for the unallocated spaces.
    3. Then after that close on to the Computer management windows and then that it and the work is complete.

This will help you to shrink the partition that you wanted and also the work can be completed.

If the above steps are not helping you out then you can just follow the steps that are given below that will help you to create the partitions:
    1. At the first you will need to shrink a partition and then you got to use the volume option that will create an unallocated partition that will help you to create the new partition and also the volume with it.
    2. After that you got to use the option of the volume label name that will want you to assign a new partition in the computer that you are using.
    3. Also a new primary partition has been created that will be assigned for the allocation of the partition and then check on to the Quick format box and then click on to the next button.
    4. Then just click on to the Finish button.

This will help you to create a new primary partition or the volume that will be assigned unallocated partition spaces.