Thread: Time Machine not identifying other macs on network

Time Machine not identifying other macs on network

I am presently setting up Time Machine furthermore the "select Backup Disk" does not confirm any alternative. I am able to observe a fresh hard drive all the way through Finder, which I have set up on a Leopard G4 presently for this reason, however it does not come into view. Do I require on the way to set up whatever thing on the G4 hard drive. If you have any suggestion regarding to this please let me know. Thank you in advance.

Re: Time Machine not identifying other macs on network

As per my experience if the Mac is running Leopard, you be able to perform this. The shared drives might need to be formatted because OS X comprehensive, by means of journaling enable. Furthermore, I originate that Time Machine will not identify my public backup spot until I had open it - appear similar to it does not rise till you access the drive. The root of the drive requires on the way to be shared, as well as the time machine access description wants full R&W access to the drive.

I have read your problem but from your explanation, I am unable to inform how your devices are associated.In my situation, I encompass an external HD attached to both my iMacs .I have not attempt on the way to make use of one drive for backup up several iMacs. That would be feasible, I believe, if you were successively running Mac OS X 10.5.x server. And if it is a wireless net, TM will not function.

Home plugs as in Powerline? Sure, it is able to completely have an effect on the backup. I consider that several powerline protocols are superior at one means transmit than bidirectional. In view of the fact that I had a powerline set lying around, I attempt on the way to observe if I may possibly get better on the wireless access. By means of the powerline adapters, I may possibly not. I finished up reverting reverse to a straight ethernet connection to the Time Capsule. Cannot beat 1000 Base-T.

I have successfully connected one (I have not used more than one drive on time machine) by means of USB or else FireWire, choose it for TimeMachine, after that mount it by means of the network as well as observe what occur. For me, it as a minimum attempt on the way to do a backup. I did not have the time after that; as a result I closed the process. For the first time I had completed successfully connected straightforwardly, anyhow. But at this moment speed the problem.

Up till now I have not been capable to obtain it on the way to function on network volumes. I have attempted putting the indistinguishable TimeMachine supported file on the drive, performing each and every one the permissions changes to it etc. I have moreover tried generating a sparsebundle disk image on the AFP volume as well as performing the similar indistinguishable file on that disk image however no luck up till now. Apple state by means of one more Leopard machine it is believed to function however I have not attempted that up till now as I just have one PC running Leopard.