Thread: MAC OSX: Unable to Update Software

MAC OSX: Unable to Update Software

While I am surfing internet, a networking error has take place: “timed out -1001. Make certain you can connect to the internet, after that try again”. I can utilize Google Chrome completely fine. Any terminal commands I necessitate to set in to perceive what is going on? Please provide some help because not get any idea or really not understood what to do next and how to solve this problem.

Re: MAC OSX: Unable to Update Software

Is this a solitary occurrence or something that is occurrence all of the time? Are your Software Update preferences situating to check and download updates? Go in and immobilize both settings. Restart the system. Go back in and reset back to enable or permit both settings. Attempt to perform an update.

Trash the software update plist:
    • Navigate in the finder to:/Library/Preferences/com.apple.SoftwareUpdate.plist

Just copy and paste it into the trash. To perform this by terminal just type in:
    • rm /Library/Preferences/com.apple.SoftwareUpdate.plist.

This won't damage your computer at all. Just eliminates the update preferences.

I would recommend you reload OS X. Just do an update with the most recent version. Sounds like you have a few sort of dishonesty with your system files. What version are you presently running on what version of Mac? To find updates instantly, follow these steps:
    1. Select System Preferences from the Apple Menu.
    2. Select Software Update from the View menu.
    3. Click Update Now.
    4. Choose the items you wish to install, after that click Install.
    5. Enter an Administrator username and password.
    6. Later than the update is complete, start again the computer if needed.

I just got my PowerBooks back from Apple for a fix or two. Later than copying my user folder back over and all going fine, the just trouble I have run into is that the Software Update system preference thinks that all of my software is modern, while it most absolutely is not. Apparently it is reading my old log and thinks that it is. Well, I attempted getting free of the old log in the user preference folder once I establish it, but that did not work. I am astonished Apple has not shaped a purge log or something to reset the updater. I am in fact more astonished that the Software Update does not just test to observe what software is in fact on the computer and contrast it with what is out there! Anyway, if someone knows how to get around this devoid of re-wiping my drive and going through all of this once more, please let me know!