Thread: Unable to load Windows XP SP3 in Boot Camp 3.0 (SL)

Unable to load Windows XP SP3 in Boot Camp 3.0 (SL)

I am gonna install a Snow Leopard on my MacBook and everything was going perfect from the mac side. So i got ready for reloading Windows XP SP2 via Boot Camp Assistant. Then i created a 32gb partition formatted with NTFS while installing. After installing all the needed drivers for hardware, I got an error as follows when i tried to run SP3.
    "an error occurred while copying file osloader.ntd"
    Then i pressed Cancel to abort it then cleared it all from an uninstaller. I have tried the same procedure several times but it did not worked in any of them attempts. Does anybody familiar with this problem?

Re: Unable to load Windows XP SP3 in Boot Camp 3.0 (SL)

Apple has released an update to its Boot Camp. Recall that the latter is a set of drivers that provides the capability to emulate the presence of a BIOS on the Mac to be able to install Windows. Version 2.0 had appeared at the same time as Leopard, the DVD of the operating system containing a specific track and readable under Windows. A version 2.1 has just been published, however, to solve various problems, and especially to provide support for Service Pack 3 for Windows XP, newly available on MSDN and TechNet accounts. It is also highly recommended by Apple to install the update before SP3 Boot Camp.

Following the change of disk on my MacBook Pro (160 GB replaced by a 500 GB !!!), I then reinstalled Windows XP SP2 Bootcamp. I then wanted to install SP3 for Windows XP, and despite several reinstalling Windows, every time I got the following message, when I had several GB available on my score. You do not have enough disk space on C: \ WINDOWS \ $ NtServicePackUninstall $ to install Service Pack 3. Setup requires at least 4 MB of extra free space. If you want to archive the files for uninstallation, you must have 4 MB of extra free space. Free up additional disk space and try again.

I found the solution and so I deliver it to you so that it can benefit the other:
    1. Click on the Start button and then Run where you have to type "regedit" and press Enter.
    2. Now move to the registry given below
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Setup].
    3. Go to the Edit menu and choose New -> String Value.
    4. Identify the "BootDir" and put him "C: \" as the value.

I have a MacBook with Mac OS X Tiger installed on it. This machine has a Boot Camp 1.4 and Windows XP SP2 too. I was having a problem with my network after changing it as it was protected by WPA-PSK. I had to install Windows XP SP3 which does not suffer sudden disconnections. I tried to update BootCamp to version 2.0 and higher. Unfortunately, this application will benefit most improvement on MacOS X Tiger and since I did not want to update to Mac OS X Leopard, I was blocked. This procedure therefore I avoided some costs.

Wow that seemed to completely work! Feared it would be forever out of date.