Thread: Failed to login into windows XP due to deleted registry keys

Failed to login into windows XP due to deleted registry keys

I was using Microsoft windows XP operating system my desktop from last one year. Few days ago while browsing across the internet I have downloaded and installed McAfee antivirus software for achieving the security. After installing McAfee antivirus software I updated it by downloading the latest patch. I started to scan the system so that if any virus, malware etc are found then it could be fixed easily. After scanning the system it found some of the virus and therefore deleted it. It also deleted some of the registry files due to which I can’t login into the system. I need solution so that I can fix this problem and login into the system safely.

Re: Failed to login into windows XP due to deleted registry keys

Registry files are database file for the operating system in which information about hardware, software, user account settings are stored. After scanning the system with the antivirus software if that antivirus software deletes some of the registry files then you may face problems. To solve the registry problem you can restore the system to the previous stage. You can make use of system restore utility which is a tool provided by your operating system. To select the restore utility you may need to browse to the start/all programs/accessories/system tools and select system restore utility. In the system restore you need to select the previous date on which you want your system to be restored. Restoring the system to the earlier stage may solve the registry problem and you can successfully login into the system.

Backup utility is the efficient tool which can be used when any error occurs. You should take the backup of the system regularly. Whenever any error occurs you can undo these error my making use of the backup that you have taken. You can take the backup utility tool provided by your operating system by browsing to the start/all programs/accessories/system tools/backup. In the backup you need to select the date and the backup file will be created and stored for the selected date. You can take the backup of the system from the created backup file easily.

To solve the registry and other error of the system you can make use of the update patch which is released for your operating system so that it can be updated. You need to download and install patches for your operating system. After the installation of update patch. If there is registry error in the operating system due to which you are facing problem then in that case after the installation of update patch will fix the registry error.

Thanks for providing me the solution. I have downloaded and installed update patch for my operating system and the registry problem has been resolved. I wanted to know if there is some registry software available though which we can fix the corrupted registry issue. I need a solution describing the registry cleaner software available that I can use on my system.

To clean or fix the corrupted registry you can make use of registry cleaner software. Registry cleaner software helps us to recover the registry. There are many freeware registry cleaner software available such as Tune-up utilities, ccleaner etc. These registry cleaner software will fix the registry problem and improve the performance of the system. If you can’t login into the system then you can enter into safe mode by pressing the F8 key. In the safe mode install the registry cleaner and scan the registry. After the registry cleaner has scanned the registry, click on the fix the issue if any found with the registry. After solving the registry you can restart the system and try to login again to check if the issue has been resolved.