Thread: Troubleshooting BIOS update error on D945GTP

Troubleshooting BIOS update error on D945GTP

I have upgraded myself to Intel D945GTP desktop board with its advanced features. While browsing across the internet I downloaded update for my BIOS. When trying to update the BIOS with the downloaded update file it fails. I need a solution so that I can troubleshoot this problem and update the BIOS of my system.

Re: Troubleshooting BIOS update error on D945GTP

You need to download the correct update file for updating the BIOS. You can get the update file for your BIOS by browsing across the manufacturer website. In the manufacturer website you will need to provide the model number. After providing the model number you will have the update for your BIOS, you just have to download and install it. If you are trying to update the BIOS with the wrong update file then your BIOS update may get failed resulting in the error message which will be displayed on the screen.

Thanks for providing me the solution. From the above given solution I came to know that to update the BIOS I need to have the correct update file depending upon my system. I have downloaded the update for my BIOS from the manufacturer website and installed it. After installing the update for the BIOS I restarted the system. Installation of update fails my system from booting. I need a solution for this problem.

After installing the BIOS update if your system fails to boot then the BIOS might be corrupted. In order to recover the BIOS you may clear the CMOS battery. When you will clear the CMOS battery then all the customized settings you have made in the CMOS battery will be lost. Before clearing the CMOS battery you should note down all the settings that you have made in the CMOS battery and then start the clearing process. Below are the steps given to clear the CMOS battery:
    1. Turn off all the external devices connected into the computer system and also disconnect the power supply cord.
    2. Locate the battery and you need to use a screw driver to remove the screw.
    3. Take out the battery for sometimes. Then insert the CMOS battery again into the connector.
    4. Restart the system and now your system will start booting.

If your system fails to boot then there might be a problem of power supply. You need to test the power supply of your computer system. If your computer starts then it doesn’t mean that there is no power supply problem. The startup problem occurs due to hardware failure of devices that are connected to the system.

If your BIOS have not been recovered by clearing the CMOS battery then in that case you can do the BIOS recovery. After performing the BIOS recovery your BIOS will be recovered and the system will start booting. Below are steps given to do the recovery of BIOS:
    • You can simply press the Fn +ESC key from the keyboard to start the recovery procedure. After pressing the Fn +ESC recovery procedure will start and you need to follow the wizard for completing the recovery.
    • You can also do the recovery of BIOS from the external devices such as USB, CD, DVD etc. you will require minidos.sys, bios.wph, phlash16.exe and autoexec.bat into these external devices so that it will recover your BIOS. You need to change the BIOS to use that device. When restarting the system it will start booting and your BIOS will be recovered.