Thread: Troubleshooting BIOS update failure on DG31PR board

Troubleshooting BIOS update failure on DG31PR board

With the advancement in technology, I have purchased a new Desktop Board DG31PR of the Intel Company. The Desktop Board DG31PR is mainly developed for achieving more reliability and better performance which can be used for home and business users. It supports Quad and dual core processor. It supports up to 4GB of SDRAM, high audio definition and USB connector for computer system. I am facing problem while updating the BIOS. I have downloaded the latest BIOS update, during the installation I am getting the error message and the update for BIOS failed. I need a solution for troubleshooting this problem.

Re: Troubleshooting BIOS update failure on DG31PR board

If you want to update the BIOS on your system then you should have the BIOS update file. You can get the BIOS update file from the official website. After you shave downloaded the update file for BIOS you can update the BIOS with it. Before running the update for BIOS you should ensure and disable all the security features and antivirus system installed on your system. After updating the BIOS you can enable these antiviruses on your system. If these antiviruses software are enabled then it may cause problem while updating the BIOS due to which update may fail.

To update the BIOS on the system you need to have the BIOS update file. If you are getting error while updating the BIOS then you have to try an alternate method for installing the BIOS update. You need to start the system the in safe mode. To start the system in safe mode, press the F8 key and login into the system as administrator. After login into the system as administrator you can try to install the BIOS update. After updating the BIOS you need to restart the system and now your system is having the latest BIOS update.

You may need to check the BIOS before installing update for it. Sometimes BIOS get corrupted due to virus attack. If you are installing the BIOS update for a corrupted BIOS then your update may fail. If the BIOS are corrupted then you need to flash the BIOS so that it is repaired. Flashing the BIOS means installing the new version of BIOS and after flashing the BIOS try installing the update.

Thanks for providing me the solution. From the above given solution I have checked my BIOS. After checking the BIOS I came to know that my BIOS have been corrupted. I want to flash the BIOS so that it can be repaired. After flashing the BIOS, I want to install BIOS update but I am unaware of the steps for flashing. I need a solution describing the steps to flash the BIOS.

If your BIOS have been corrupted then you can repair it by flashing the BIOS. Installing the new version of BIOS is called as flashing. To flash the BIOS you may need to follow the steps given below:
    • You have to download the BIOS update from the manufacturer website by providing the information about your motherboard.
    • Downloading the latest version will contain all the updates.
    • You may need to follow the instructions given by manufacturer for flashing the BIOS.
    • On the desktop you may need to run the desktop BIOS utility and follow the windows or prompts for flashing the BIOS for windows XP and higher version.