Thread: Want a Intel 82801 PCI Bridge driver

Want a Intel 82801 PCI Bridge driver

I have recently Windows Server 2008 using a HP Proliant ML 310 server. But I am not sure whether I have properly installed all the drivers or not . If I check the device manager of my computer , I found that my system is enabled with a network adapter, and I can see significant t light of the network adapter being installed on my system . I suppose that my Computer does not have Intel 82801 PCI Bridge - 244E drivers , when I check my device manage I see that some of the driver is missing, but I cannot isolate it exactly which one .
    Last edited by Hemendu; 10-12-2010 at 11:09 PM.

Re: Want a Intel 82801 PCI Bridge driver

I have a desktop system and like you I too felt that I am missing the same drivers like your system because I had connected the server using HP SMart start but did not install the appropriate drivers. After a rigorous search I came to know that I need to install the 2003 R2 drivers, so without wasting much time I downloaded it from the website and you will not believe I can work easily because my system is now connected with the network. So if to want that your system gets the network connectivity you too can download the same drivers which I have downloaded and make your system up and running. In case you do not find it please post your question back I will help you out.

These drivers are complete pachage and are designed in a special windows friendly format this implies that your PC or Laptop will mechanically install the required PCI Bridge Optiplex 755 for your operating system and that to can be done without any user interaction.. If your system has a new windows operating system which is being recently installed and if you think that your Intel drivers are working partially then this is the exact drivers you need to install.

But I think apart from installing the drivers from the net you can also use the cd that comes for this pci bridge drivers, this cd comes along with the motherboard when you but it, the advantage of using cd is that you do not have to do much search on the internet , because the cd that comes along with the mother board is the exact match of the devices that are being installed in your system, on the internet you will first have to do a bit of research and once downloaded , if the drivers does not suit your bridge and operating system then again it will be a bit of overhead and you will have to start from the scratch, so it is always better to keep a cd with you, there is only disadvantage of using a cd , after the cd gets some scratches then it becomes useless and you will have to take the support of your network.

Yes you can also use a Intel 6700 6702PXH I OxAPIC which is an Interrupt Controller if you are using Windows 7 operating system , I will give you a quick explanation what exactly this in device driver will do and it is meant for . These Device drivers which you can either download or install using the cd will act as an interface between the hardware installed and the operating system or application present in your server. So you can use this bridge to get connected to the network server..

A driver normally interacts with the device with the help of a computer bus or communications subsystem to which all the hardware are connected . The driver gives a command or orders to the devices that are installed in a system . After the data is sent back to the driver by the device , the driver may calls routines and sub routines in the program that acts as a original caller.PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0326& is the device ID string for the mentioned Intel Interrupt Controller A