Thread: Virtual pc XP mode Resolution error in windows 7

Virtual pc XP mode Resolution error in windows 7

I have been playing a lot of games till i upgaraded my operating system to windows 7. Finally i came to know that i can play games of windows XP even in windows 7 with the help of the application called Virtual PC XP mode. But whenever i try to do so it gives me a resolution error. i am not able to get what the actual problem is but what i can simply do is that i go to compatibility mode and fix my resolution. But so far this step cannot fix my issue. Please help me to get this issue fixed.

Re: Virtual pc XP mode Resolution error in windows 7

The solution to the problem is easy if you know them first: The menu of Windows Virtual PC is switched from the integration features. This takes you directly to the console of the VM, without going through RDP. Now you can make any desired changes, then switched to the integration features in again. Its quiet simple change the resolution of the host desktop needs this procedure is not the way: Here it is sufficient to change the size of the Virtual PC window. With switched integration features will automatically be passed as an amendment to the resolution of the guest operating system.

A design goal of Windows XP mode is to make integration of XP applications to the Windows 7 desktop as seamlessly as possible. Therefore, applications appear in the virtual machine installed in automatically in the Start menu on the host computer, even if this sometimes by hand. Eventually, however, disturbs the DPI resolution of the virtual XP to the general impression in the surrounding Windows 7 is set high, fonts and graphic elements of XP applications appear tiny.

I am also facing a similar kinda issue with the virtual PC XP mode. When i try to log on to Windows XP mode, I am getting an error message "The local policy of this system does not permit you to logon interactively." Do not know what is wrong with the Virtual PC but is not working anymore on mz desktop. Please suggest me a solution to get rid of this error message.

The main reason behind this error is the addition of a virtual machine to the domain. But in your case it appears as the files which are needed to run windows are invalid or might have got corrupted. It appears to me as your parent virtual hard disk is changed. So i would advice you to check whether the virtual hard disk space changed or not. if it is changed then simply locate it.

If it is at all possible then i would suggest zou to restore the files that are corrupted and which are missing in the relevant specified routes. You can find those files at Windows XP Mode.vmcx Virtual Machines folder, Windows XP and Windows XP Mode.vmc Mode.vhd in% systemdrive% \ Users \ <username> \ AppData \ Local \ Microsoft \ Windows Virtual PC \ Virtual Machines. Or the path specified during installation, if different.