Thread: In Windows Compatibility information regarding Ethernet Realtek RTL8139 Family Fast Ethernet NIC

In Windows Compatibility information regarding Ethernet Realtek RTL8139 Family Fast Ethernet NIC

I have an Ethernet Realtek rtl8139/810x family fast Ethernet Network Internet Card and I have installed windows 7 in my system. And as far as upgrade consultant says we don’t have support knowledge about this device with Windows 7. So I should think on this that my Ethernet adapter won't work on windows 7? So please if you can advice me better than them so help me. I am waiting for your response please…….

Re: In Windows Compatibility information regarding Ethernet Realtek RTL8139 Family Fast Ethernet NIC

I will go along with the consultant that it is true that this device will not work with Windows 7. As the device is not functioning in my system with Windows 7 but it work well in Windows XP. In my system the device does not come into view in Device Manager beneath Network Adapters, where it should appear. So I am also shocked that how Microsoft can do with us like this as they might be aware of it that there are number of people working with this Realtek family. If you have any better ides then please reply us. We will be thankful to you.

Re: In Windows Compatibility information regarding Ethernet Realtek RTL8139 Family Fast Ethernet NIC

Hi! Guys, I am also in the same place as you all are so please help us but the difference is that my issue arises with the Window Vista on my laptop. I have tried to find the solution of this issue by going with the link of Realtek site. It was quite difficult to search the driver for the realtek family but I found it is useless after I restart the system. It failed to detect the device.

I want to ask you that have you tried to search on the Google. Enter your notebook model into the search option or the system details and see what it gives. It will provide you the driver’s that will be compatible for your system and after installing that drivers you can restart and check whether it works for you or not. In case if there is no Windows 7 driver available you can download the Vista driver and you can install it into your system in compatible mode. Hope it works