Thread: Windows 7: Windows Firewall Service unable to Start On Boot

Windows 7: Windows Firewall Service unable to Start On Boot

Hello every one, I have upgraded Windows 7 Ultimate running on to my system and I make use of the Quick Heal home edition and Windows Firewall as my Antivirus and Firewall and they've been working very well from the time when I installed 7. On the other hand the last few days I have alerts/warning from the Action Center saying that Windows Firewall isn't active. While I click the balloon it vanishes and the whole thing returns to normal stage, but when I've checked the Event Logs it is reporting that the firewall service isn't starting automatically when windows initiate. The event log shows the initial start unsuccessful and reports: The Windows Firewall service terminated with service-specific error the parameter is incorrect. It’s only during the startup that the service fails after which manually starting the service works all right. Any suggestion to work the firewall automatically.

Re: Windows 7: Windows Firewall Service unable to Start On Boot

This problem may exist by some malicious virus or by some corrupted files. To troubleshoot the issue, try to execute the following steps: 1) At the starting upgrade the virus definition of Quick Heal and run a whole scanning. 2) Authenticate or check the Windows Firewall service and other failure service again.

a) Go to the start menu and then go to the search box into the control panel, in the search box type services.msc and then press enter. If it shows any message to enter the password then enter the password or continue with it.
    b) In that select and right click on to the Windows Firewall services and select the properties.
    c) You will get certain tabs from that click to the Log On tab, also make sure the option "Local System account" is chosen and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is not checked.
    d) Now on to the General tab and notify that the Startup type is selected as automatic then click on to the stop button to stop the service which is situated under the service status.
    e) After that click the start button from the Service status to start the service and lastly click OK button.

If you still having some kind of problem then try to upload the Event log to the Sky Drive for research. Try to Collect the Event log:
    1) Go to the start button from windows then go to the search bar option in that type the keyword “eventvwr” with no quotation marks around it and click enter button.
    2) After right click to the application which is on the left frame and select the save log file as menu, in the pop-up window, click to select the Desktop icon on the left edge, input "app" in the "File name" blank, and then click to save it.
    3) Now right click on System option, with the similar method as above, and save it as "sys".
    4) Finally Locate this two saved log files on the Desktop and upload them.

I will recommend you to copy the following files on another Windows 7 machine which Windows Firewall service can start normally and bring in them to the complicated one.
    1) Initially place the FirewallAPI.dll and mpssvc.dll file in the folder C:\Windows\System32. And take out the previous one and paste the latest one. (a) in that click the Start Button, go to the search result box and in that type "cmd", after that select it and right click on to the Cmd.exe and Run it as an administrator. Keep in mind that if it show any message to enter the password, type the password or click on to continue button. (b) Now type the following command into the popup window, and then press Enter:
    regsvr32 FirewallAPI.dll
    regsvr32 mpssvc.dll
    2) After it, move the following registry key on to the different Windows 7 operating system and export it. Then, copy and import it on the machine that creates the trouble.
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\MpsSvc
    If also the problem persists after performing above suggestions, then I will recommend you to run System File Checker (SFC) to confirm whether any system file is corrupted.