Thread: Windows 7: Hyperlinks blocked in Outlook 2010 Beta

Windows 7: Hyperlinks blocked in Outlook 2010 Beta

Hello. I have an Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, and also install the Office 2010 in it. In Outlook 2010 Beta 32-bit, I get the message "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." One such message allows me to open the message in a browser to get around the problem, another message doesn't give me that option. I have reported that to the Office Beta team. The actual interested thing is that the same message on a Windows 7 Starter 32-bit and Win7 Professional 64-bit similar Outlook version and settings does not have the links blocked at all. Although it could be an Outlook problem, I am guessing it is a Windows 7 security problem. I looked at my local security policy on my Win7 Professional system but couldn't find any settings that would affect this behavior. help please!

Re: Windows 7: Hyperlinks blocked in Outlook 2010 Beta

I try the following method and by applying it the whole thing are working flawlessly, by creating some changes to your registry keys, only edit reg keys if you are familiar with your system.
    re-establish registry settings in the User Profile:

1. Go to the Start menu in that select the Run option, in that type the Regedit into the Open box, and then click OK.
    2. Set the following subkey: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\.html
    3. Now on to the File menu select the Export option.
    4. In the Export Registry File box, enter HKGU_Classes_HTML_Backup.reg and click Save. Keep in mind that this will generate a backup of this registry key in the My Documents folder by default.
    5. After that right click on to the value for the .html key and select Modify. Modify the value from "ChromeHTML" to "htmlfile"
    continue steps 1-6 for .htm and .shtml keys if they survive, remember to change the name of your backup file for each explorer.

Don’t be tense, I found the answer. I do have the problem with the hyperlink; onto my computer system that already came up with Google Chrome which was pre-installed which I had uninstalled. This installation left several file associations screwed up. I originate a variety of solutions but the best one is to use Control Panel-Default Programs to set Internet Explorer as the default browser. That fixes the associations. You can then switch to a different browser if you desire. Hope uninstalling the other browser may help you to fix this issue and use the IE as your default browser.

Use Internet explorer as the default web browser and then open the MS outlook: First click to the start button on the Windows, go to the control panel and select the Default programs, select the set program access and computer defaults, now click to the custom button and then select the Internet Explorer and click OK, after this open the Microsoft Outlook. Hpe it will work for you. If it not works then try to restart the system.

To work around with the hyperlink I had found certain steps:
    1. On to your Microsoft outlook 2010 beta email, right click and select the "copy Hyperlink" – after that open the Google chrome web browser individually and paste the link into the address bar and go. That works well, but it is little awkward.
    2. I have also found that if Google Chrome is previously been open then the hyperlinks will work. So I consider that the good workaround is now to open up Google chrome before you read your email messages, as a result when you click on to the email hyperlinks they work very well.
    I expect I have expressed this thought clearly sufficient, some process is intentionally disabling the function of Google chrome when it is opened from inside outlook 2010 beta hyperlinks. Hope this will help you.