Thread: How to Troubleshoot “Driver Power State Failure 0x0000009f”

How to Troubleshoot “Driver Power State Failure 0x0000009f”

Hello friends, I had just upgraded the Windows 7 in the next week, the problem I get is I am regularly getting the Blue Screen Of Dead (BSOD) that says me the "Driver Power State Failure 0x0000009f". I had viewed it and downloaded and installed all the recent updates and also checked for the drivers for the updates but I get no help from it. Today it occurred two times. First when the computer was setting idle/booted up. The second time was after I rebooted to clear up the 1st Blue screen. I then shut down the computer started it back up and now I await the next Blue screen. Can anyone help me to determine what's going on?

Re: How to Troubleshoot “Driver Power State Failure 0x0000009f”

The error 0x0000009f is a generic bucket for failures to hang up or resume correctly. B2315295 fixes only one such case. If your first parameter is 0x00000003 then it means that a driver it holding things up. Your finest think is to disable devices or to update the drivers until the error no longer occurs. In the Control Panel go to the Action Center to give details of the errors, now in the Maintenance tab, click on to the "Check for solutions". This will try to upload analytical data to Microsoft, which is automatically parsed and often a solution will be returned. If the first parameter is 0x00000004 then it means that sleep isn't working because the PnP system is tied up. Follow the similar instructions as above.

To resolve this issue directly, first contact Microsoft Customer Support Services to obtain the hotfix. To apply this hotfix, your computer system should be running Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2. Firstly you have got to restart the computer after when you apply this hotfix. Secondly this hotfix does not replace a formerly released hotfix. The global edition of this hotfix installs files that have the attributes.

Sometimes the Blue Screen error is not really caused by any of the file or program or driver which is faulted nevertheless it is driven to fail by some external cause. The 9F is such an event. Verify with MyEventViewer at time of the Blue Screen or a second prior to just in case somewhat is listed there. And then look out for the update drivers manually. The 9F could be hardware problem however it pays to eliminate as many software causes as possible. Did you install any new hardware or software just prior to this starting to happen?