Thread: HP 915 print spooler error in windows 7

HP 915 print spooler error in windows 7

Last night while browsing across the internet there was a virus attack on my desktop due to which my operating system files got corrupted. So I installed windows 7 operating system. After installing operating system I also installed AVG antivirus with the latest update so that my system would be protected. I was having HP 915 printer with its advanced features. When I tried to print a word file, I found that the printer is not working and an error message of print spooler is getting displayed. I tried to reinstall and reconfigure printer but could not succeed. I need a solution so that I can troubleshoot this problem and my printer could start working.

Re: HP 915 print spooler error in windows 7

When you are trying to print the documents you should ensure that the print spooler service is running. The print spooler is the tools or software program responsible for managing all print jobs that are sent to the printer. You can use print spooler to delete printing which is being processed. If the print spooler is not started then you can start it by following steps:
    1. Go to the start/my computer and select manage.
    2. In the manage section open “Services and Applications” by double clicking on + sign next to it.
    3. Choose services and search for the print spooler.
    4. Right click on the print spooler and select start. Wait for some time for the spooler applications to start.
    5. If you want to start the print spooler automatically then you can change the startup type to automatic. Print spooler will start automatically.

If you are having the printer but the print spooler is not working correctly then in that case there might be issue of the driver. Due to the corrupted driver the print spooler is not working. To fix the print spooler you may need to uninstall the driver. You can uninstall the driver by going to the start/ Control Panel/ Add/Remove Programs. After the uninstallation you need to reboot the system. After the system restarts install the latest drivers and check the print spooler by printing any documents. If the documents are printed correctly then the problem has been resolved.

Thanks for providing me the solution. I have downloaded and installed latest driver on my system. While printing a document an error message “Spooler subsystem app has encountered a problem and needs to close” is displayed on the screen. I need a solution to troubleshoot this problem. Also I want to start print spooler on Linux platform which is installed on another drive of my laptop. I need a solution for starting print spooler on Linux platform.

You can fix the “Spooler subsystem app has encountered a problem and needs to close” error message very easily. You need to follow the below given steps to fix this error.
    • Go to start\my computer\C: \Windows\System32\Spool\Printers. You need to delete all the files from this folder. If it displays an error message that you cannot delete it then you need to go into the safe mode by pressing the F8 key.
    • In the safe mode browse to the start/my computer/ manage. In the manage click on the + sign to expand it. In the “Service and Applications” window select services.
    • Now you need to scroll down to the Printer Spool and select stop.
    • Click on restart service, restart the system and check if the problem exists again while printing the documents.

You can start the print spooler in the Linux platform very easily. Below are the steps given to start print spooler:
    • Go to the Main Menu/System and select shell.
    • In the shell, type "lpc restart printername” and hit the enter key. Allow the print spooler to start.
    • If the print spooler is not started then you need to type “lpc stop printername” and hit the enter key to stop the print spooler. To start print spooler type “lpc start printername” and press the enter key, print spooler will be started.