Thread: Storage space decreases gradually

Storage space decreases gradually

I have some problem with my computer memory. I have a 160 GB hard drive. Memory for my C: drive keeps on decreasing and I am losing free memory of the computer. If I check the memory for C: drive in morning and again if I check that in evening then I get few hundred bytes of it is used. It is happening continuously. Can you tell me that what is causing this problem and how can it be controlled? Thank you.

Re: Storage space decreases gradually

There can be two reasons for this problem. First one is the paging file. It is possible that the paging file is growing. This is the temporary file that can be increased because of any reason. Second is the restore point. If you make use of the built in hard drive cleaning tool then you will be able to delete all but the most recent point.

You can run the chkdsk on your computer and this can fix the problem that you are facing. If you want to run that then you have to press the start button and select Run. In that box, you have to type chkdsk and this will start to scan the hard drive for bugs. If it finds any bug then it will fix it and at the end of the process, it will show you the result of that. After that it will boot the system and will solve the problem for you.

There may be some virus in your system that is causing the problem for you. If you have not installed any antivirus software in your system then you should install it and scan the entire system with that. Before scanning, you should make sure that the virus definition for that is up to date. Heal the entire infected file that it detects and once you are completed with all that then you should reboot your computer and this may solve the problem for you.