Thread: Troubleshooting 0x0000009f error on windows 7

Troubleshooting 0x0000009f error on windows 7

I was using Microsoft windows vista operating system installed on my Lenovo ThinkPad X200 laptop from last 1 year. I wanted to upgrade my operating system so I checked the system requirements of windows 7 for my laptop. As all the requirements were met so I installed windows 7 operating system. After the installation of windows 7 when I restarted the system I am getting a blue screen with Driver Power State Failure error message. I need solution to troubleshoot this problem.
    Last edited by Benjhonson; 10-12-2010 at 01:46 AM.

Re: Troubleshooting 0x0000009f on windows 7

If you are getting Driver Power State Failure error message after the installation of windows 7 operating system then you can easily fix it. The Driver Power State Failure error occurs when there is conflict among hardware devices, drive and power supply. If the power supply is constant then you may not face any problem but if the power supply changes i.e. increases or decreases then it may lead to the malfunction of hardware. Due to this malfunction you may get the blue screen error message when the system starts. To resolve this error your power supply must be constant.

Re: Troubleshooting 0x0000009f error on windows 7

You can fix the power drive failure by taking few precautions. When your computer is transitioning from one power state to another then it may cause power drive failure. The most common reasons for power drive failure is the transition to and from standby mode, transition to and from hibernate mode or while starting or shutting the operating system. If you are having some new hardware installed then transition of it to on or off may lead to power drive failure. You should avoid transition so that your power drive failure error doesn’t occur.

When you are having some new hardware installed then it may require high power for its functioning. Today manufacturer are developing hardware devices which require high power. If the newly installed hardware is getting less or inconsistent power then it conflict between hardware and the system as a result of which you may get power drive failure error. To fix this error you must supply sufficient amount of power supply for its functioning. Another reason for power drive failure is because of outdated driver installed on the system. You should have an updated driver installed on the system so that it can transmit correct amount of power between system and hardware.

You can also fix the drive power state failure by starting the system in safe mode. You need to tap F8 key to enter into the safe mode. After entering into the safe mode you need to type “msconfig” command in the run window and press the enter key. Select the startup tab and disable all the checkboxes by clicking on it. After disabling it, restart the system. Now again type “msconfig” and press the ok button. Now you need to enable all the checkbox on the startup tab. Restart the system again and check if the power drive failure error message has been resolved.