Thread: Installing creative audio driver shows as error : "an interactive window station is required"

Installing creative audio driver shows as error : "an interactive window station is required"

I purchased a desktop system 6 months ago I have AMD processor @ 3 Ghz speed and 4GB of RAM on the chipset motherboard , till now it was working fine , but then it started giving issues when I made the upgradation from Windows Vista to Windows 7 I installed it in my system the Windows 7 Professional edition so that I can update my driver to the newest one from Creative that my latest Windows 7 can support. But after installing it I do not know what happens but it uninstalls the old drivers being installed in the system and then restarts the system, it then also shows progression that it is going to install the new driver which halts the process in between. So I do not know what to do in that case , for that it would be better if you guide me , because it does not seem under my scope. I am eagerly waiting for your response, please do it as early as you can. Thanks in advance.

Re: Installing creative audio driver shows as error : "an interactive window station is required"

Well you said that you have downloaded and installed the compatible version of Windows 7 professional edition which will support your system, so it seems that you have a correct version installed in your system, but I think you should manually try to install , instead of trying for the automatic updates , I know it seem a tedious task than but if you do so you , you can take the help from the web so that you will get a better driver that can be supported by your system.

Re: Installing creative audio driver shows as error : "an interactive window station is required"

Yes as per your suggestion I tried it installing manually, but it too came out with some of issues , if explained in a detailed way, I installed the driver the manually through the device manager and later on discovered that it came up with an error that says "an interactive window station is required". I have googled all over the internet solutions for a resolution to this issue but I will nit anything but a threat that states "Reinstall Windows". That is an terribly extreme move towards to something that seems so insignificant particularly a plug and play driver installation. If anyone knows how to resolve this issue, I would be very glad.

I think I have got the solution for your issue , so I would recommend you to pay heed on this and try to follow the same way as I direct you looks like I may have found a solution. After downloading the driver update from creative, you will have to right click on Troubleshoot compatibility option then select the ‘fix’ option . On that very option it will should present to run in Windows XP Sevice Pack 2 compatibility mode. After running the setup file of that you will get your issue resolved. If still it fails please notify me about this.

If your issue is still not resolved I think we should begin from the scratch so first of all shut down the pc , physically remove the card from its slot , then restart the PC, after restarting the system , just go to the Control Panel, there you will find Programs & Features and uninstall if you find any Creative software there. After uninstalling just checkout in the device the manager to see that it has been removed. Till this you can do quite easily but now you will have to install the card preferred by your system. Reply your latest update on this issue.

Who says that automatic updates are not that good enough. You will have to turn off the system again and manually reinstall the card, but just be careful to install in the correct slot. Turn on the system again . Then you will see that the Windows Updates which is the integral part of Windows 7 operating system. Ten it will automatically try and attempt to reinstall drivers, or else what you can do is use the Creative AutoUpdate again. This will solve your issue and will help you to get your work done.In my opinion do not trust Audigy2 . Because I have a terrible experience with it during the beta and the sound it produced was awful . At last I almost quit and opted for PCI-E X-Fi Extreme. Not only was the sound it produced was awesome and it also can be installed through automatic updates I have multiple pc in which I have installed Windows 7 PCs and Win 2008 in my Server system , in which I have installed Bernstein Audio cards, that came along with and was a part of the motherboards, and were also automatically been recognized. So sometimes the small brands also work finer than big names, no matter about the standards.

If you cannot hear any sound then you can do the usual troubleshooting like you have properly connected. the speakers to their respective ports and the audio cable is inserted in the green colored port and are properly inserted and switched on .You can also check the volume, if your system has real player installed in it then it will over ride the audio drivers and you will not be able to hear any sound from it. with the volume up. If you have Real Player installed, check it's not muted. If you turn the sound down for some unknown reason it over-rides ALL audio on the PC and you'll get nothing out of any program. I have absolutely no idea why Real Player does that, I only found it out by accident one day after trying everything else and almost giving up. You can also check in the BIOS settings of you have an onboard audio, whether it is disabled or not.