Thread: Troubleshooting error code 28 on windows 7

Troubleshooting error code 28 on windows 7

As with the advancement in the technology I have switched myself from desktop to Dell Inspiron 6400 laptop. I have installed windows 7 operating system with the latest drivers and updates for my hardware devices and software applications. All the things were going fine. While surfing the internet last night I am getting the error code 28 and my system freezes. Due to this error code I am facing problems. Also I am unaware of this error code and need a solution so that I can resolve from this problem.

Re: Troubleshooting error code 28 on windows 7

There are different ways for solving different error codes. If you are getting the error code 28 then it might be your driver problem. This error code only occurs when the driver for PCI Simple Communications Controller has been corrupted or missing. The error code might be occurring because instead of driver installed on the system it is unable to find the path. In order to solve the driver problem such as corrupted or missing problem you will require updating the driver. You can also try reinstalling the motherboard driver. After the installation you can reboot the system and check if the problem exists again.

If your system works fine and all of the sudden you are getting some error code then there might be a problem of driver. After updating the driver your issue will be resolved easily. If it is not getting resolved then you should check the driver installed for your system. There are different driver depending upon the hardware specification. If you are having wrong driver installed on your system then in that case you might face problem. To get the driver you need to follow the manufacturer website and get the appropriate driver depending upon the system you have.

If you are having any problem with your system and you are unable to troubleshoot it then in that case you can contact your computer manufacturer. If the error code 28 has not been resolved by updating the driver then in that case you will have to contact your computer manufacturer. If you are having system of the DELL Company’s then in that case you will have to contact its support centre to get it solved.

You can also fix the error code 28 for the PCI controller very easily. To fix the error code 28 you will have to browse for the Start/ Control Panel/ System and Security/Device manager location. In the device manager window, click on the (+) sign to expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers. After expanding Universal Serial Bus Controllers delete all the entries. After deleting all the entries you should restart the system. After the system restarts you will have to insert the motherboard CD so that the drivers for the Universal Serial Bus Controllers are installed again. After the installation of driver from the motherboard CD, error code 28 will be resolved.

If you are getting the error of PCI controller then you can simply update the driver and it will get resolved. You can update the driver for PCI controller by going into the device manager. To update the driver you will need to follow the below steps.
    1. You should start the system and login as administrator.
    2. You have to click on the start button and follow the below path to go into the device manager: Start/ Control Panel/ System and Security, and in the system window click on the device manager.
    3. You need to select the PCI Simple Communications Controller from the hardware categories.
    4. Now you need to select driver tab and click on update driver button.
    5. If you are having the update then you need to browse to the location where the updates are saved. If you are not having the driver then you can click on the “Search automatically for the driver software”. It will search for the driver automatically and update it.