Thread: Disk Cleanup utility crashes in Windows 7

Disk Cleanup utility crashes in Windows 7

Hello friends, I had currently been installed and upgraded version of Windows 7. I am worried to get rid of the installation documents or files taking up plenty of hard drive space, and I have studied that we can make use of the Disk Cleanup utility. Unluckily, no issue how I effort to launch it, it crashes almost straight away, I consider where it begins to analyze earlier installation files. My computer system continues crashing when I try to attempt the disk cleanup. Please help

Re: Disk Cleanup utility crashes in Windows 7

You must be able to complete the Windows.old deletion within CMD: • Click Start Orb , after it from the search box type cmd, then right-click thr cmd in results above and then click on to Run as administrator option. Since you basically want to erase Windows.old with the whole thing from your windows installation try the following commands: At the command prompt you just type RMDIR C:\Windows.old /s /q. This must everlastingly delete the Windows.old folder and the whole thing below. Perform with the help of the cmd.These will help you to perform the disk cleanup.

These error message show unhealthy System functioning and you require to Back Up your precious Data. Try out with the basics first:
    1- Initiate the check desk on your machine by doing this step: first you should open the "My Computer” windows and then Right click on your Primary Partition C:\ in those choose properties. Now on the Local C:\ Properties window go on Tools and click Check Now push button. And ensure the two check boxes will come into view and then click "YES" to the prompt window to execute it on Start Up and Reboot or Restart your system. Be unwearied with the chkdsk process it might take a sometime.
    2- Check you’re RAM by uploading the windows Crash Analysis through the Microsoft search that is Ping.com and run a trial on your RAM, it may be a few programs wrote a filthy bits to the memory creating these problem to increase.
    3- Run the Windows Verifier on running Advanced Clean-Boot process.
    4- Be sure that the entire Drivers are Up to date ( Motherboard from the motherboard company website the entire drivers, like BIOS, Video, Sound, Network..Etc only the suggested one by the Motherboard manufacturer).
    5- Run a systematic Malware and virus scan through your security software to make sure all clean as it should be.

The difficulty occurs while here is a wrong entry in the registry that is used by the Disk Cleanup utility to position compressed files. In my analysis, I've observed it happening to clean formatted computers too, thus I would suppose that the trouble in the registry as well is most likely a defective of Microsoft programming. However here is a good slight trick to follow if this occurs to you:
    1. Generate a registry file by "right clicking" on the desktop / New / Text Document.
    2. Give it any name you want with it and give it the .reg extension, now right click to its file and edit it.
    4. Enter the following code, then save and close it:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SFTWR\MS\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\VolumeCaches\Compress old files]
    It must now be complete. Now you may try running the Disk Cleanup and notice if it is any earlier than before. Hope this helped you.