Thread: Need help for configuring Exchange server 2010 and Outlook

Need help for configuring Exchange server 2010 and Outlook

Recently I have installed an Exchange 2010 Standard Windows by default it is installed properly, so I added the mailbox to it, based on users already exist in my active directory. On my exchange 2010 I see so few my mailbox with the name of the user associated. We use Outlook in Office 2010 enterprise so I configured my Outlook via the control panel then mail (x32) in order to configure the account on the exchange server, it finds out the server and the account associated with the session with which I am connected to the field. I ended up with 2 email account: default is the first one we use every day: @ abc.abc is the one reached anywhere as we have an internet connection the second: @ xyz.xyz.com that must be reachable at this time that once connected to the LAN of our society. My goal: Ensuring that users receive their mail and can operate their mail with the first account by default, but there have a copy of everything that is sent / received / deleted (basically a copy of their local pst) on the server. This in order to establish a backup of emails and also in cases where a PC plant happen overnight, theft or other was on our local network mail our users. I do not know where to start, to implement it. In my test, the user receives an email when the always receives its default account but no mail received / issued / transferred is deleted automatically on the exchange server on the network. Or it will better to have user-level and server level on exchange server. Need advice on this problem.

Re: Need help for configuring Exchange server 2010 and Outlook

A server and SBS 2008 POP3 connector might meet your needs you can try looking on this side. I am just giving suggestion. In my scenario the user was the be the pst 2. One is for mail hosted by our supplier and one is by the exchange server. The possibility is to have a single pst file and thus only one folder "box reception" I connected a user in my exchange server or has a letter from the box set: In its outlook it has 2 e-mail account with an email account settings with the provider and those of the exchange. But nothing it will display has 2 mail folders as if it was 2 totally different email addresses. It may still move the folders / mail folder of Exchange account but its new mail arrives on the other case.

With Outlook 2007 and before, it was possible to merge the messages from the Internet (POP3) and those from a single mailbox in Exchange (not using PST). With Outlook 2010, Exchange accounts and accounts POP3/SMTP are separated! I solved this problem by making a transfer rule to all messages on the POP3 to the main mailbox (Exchange). This does not prevent the user to choose sending account (internal-Exchange), POP3 or external, as appropriate. I hope that this will help you to understand what I am trying to convey.

I think you should refer to presentation of the POP3 connector and various components of Exchange. The various components Exchange server, and you have four roles that make each part of the functions of Exchange. This allows greater granularity for the size of your architecture. For example, if you need more power for a function of Exchange, you can simply isolate the role of one or more servers. Conversely, it will be possible to collect different roles. As its name implies, this role will serve customers to access their Exchange account. This includes access Outlook, Outlook Web Access, Outlook Anywhere and ActiveSync.