Thread: After reboot the network printer goes offline with windows 7

After reboot the network printer goes offline with windows 7

I am running windows 7 ultimate on my laptop. The printer was running fine on my laptop. But from yesterday I am facing some problem with it. The problem I am facing is that after the reboot my machine the printer goes off line. I have not done any changes in my laptop, so why I am facing this problem? Can anyone there provide me some solution for solving this problem? Thanks.

Re: After reboot the network printer goes offline with windows 7

I have a nice solution for this problem, so I will like to share that with you. I will advise you to try out the Printer troubleshooter. This will automatically diagnose and fix your problem. For doing this you will require to go to the start and then go to the run. In the run you will have to type troubleshooter in the search box, after that click on the troubleshooting. You will have to select the printer in the Hardware and Sound. So try it out and see what outcome you get after trying the solution. Hope have helped you.

Well for this particular problem I will advise you to update the printer driver on your machine with the latest version. If doing this fix does not solve your problem, then I will advise you to reinstall the printer driver on your computer. I have used this fix for solving my problem. In my case I was able to solve the problem after just updating the printer driver. So I think it will help you as well.

In order to solve this problem I will advise you to go through the followings steps. First you will require opening the Administrative Tool. After that you will require to double-click on the Services. Now it will ask you to enter the administrator password there. Once you have done that, now you will require to Right-click the Print Spooler service. In the tab you will have to go to the properties and in the properties go to the General tab. Here you have to make sure that the automatic option is being selected. So try I out.

Even I am facing the same problem on my computer. I have tried to run the Printer troubleshooter, but it is not solving my problem. I have also tried to update the printer driver and reinstall the driver, but even this solution is not making any difference in my problem. I am really struck with this problem and not finding any way to come out of it. So please try to suggest me a different solution using which I can come out of this problem. Thanks.

Try this.

1. Go into "Devices and Printers".

2. Select the printer causing the problem, right click on it and choose "Printer Properties".

3. Select the "Ports" tab and highlight the problem printer.

4. Click on the "Configure Port" button.

5. Uncheck the "SNMP Status Enabled" box and then "OK".

Now the printer should work fine.

If after this it does not print the full document do this:

1. Do steps 1 thru 3 listed above

2. Uncheck "Enable bidirectional support"

3. Click on the "Advanced" tab.

4. Select "Start printing after last page is spooled" and then "OK".