Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2010

Login screen lost after format

I was having many problems with my laptop and therefore I decided to format the laptop. After that when I booted the system then it was not showing me the login screen. There was no profile created. I tried to format the drive two times more but that was giving me the same result. Please tell me that what can be the problem with this? Please reply as soon as possible. Thank you.
Old 09-12-2010

Re: Login screen lost after format

If the copy of the Windows that you are using is corrupted then also it may cause the problems like this. If you have installed the Windows XP pro and not getting the login screen then you can press “alt + ctrl + del” and this will display the login screen to you. This is the shortcut key to show the login screen.
Old 09-12-2010

You can try to login in safe mode. If you want to do that then restart your computer and while it is loading the operating system then you have to press the F8 key continuously and this will show you a new screen with various mode. Select Safe Mode and hit enter. Provide the admin password if it prompts you. This will start the computer in safe mode. Now you have to go to the control panel > users account. From there, create a new account as admin and delete all the accounts. Close the entire window and restart the computer. This time it must show you the login screen. Provide the password if you have set any and hit enter. Good Luck!!!
Old 09-12-2010

I think that the setup file that you are using is not proper and that is creating the problem for you. As you told that you have tried it two more time so it makes the clear sense that the setup is corrupted. I recommend you to make another bootable OS CD and try to format your system with that. If possible then this time you should try a different copy of setup.
Old 10-12-2010

It can be due to virus infection in your system that is creating the problem for your laptop. My suggestion to you is to enter to the safe mode and install any antivirus on it. Scan the entire system with it and clean or delete all the files that is detected as infected and after that try to start the computer in normal mode. This will solve the problem for you.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,