Thread: No audio heard in Windows 7 installed on an iMac

No audio heard in Windows 7 installed on an iMac

I purchased new macbook with MS-windows 7 installed in it. It is a clean install with no boot camp. There is no audio device inbuilt on the macbook. From the retailer ID I establish that the device is SIGMATEL STAC 92X1 C-Major High Definition Audio. I attempted installing 3 several drivers made for Dell with similar audio card. None of them works informing that the device is not working or originate or disconnected. Does anyone has solution for this problem then please reply to me. Similar chronicle with the built in insight camera. I would be grateful for if you can assist resolving these driver problems for cross platform hardware/software compatibility.

Re: No audio heard in Windows 7 installed on an iMac

When using Windows on a Macbook (whether equivalent or Boot camp) you require to utilize a USB audio device for microphone input but you have a SIGMATEL STAC 92X1 C-Major HD Audio which not compatible with macbook. I never tested for output to speakers further than a full duplex USB sound pod will likely treat the difficulty as well. So please check your audio device properly to get the sound.

Here are the following steps to solve the audio problem:
    Step 1: Run the Audio device troubleshooter and verify if it helps. Open the audio troubleshooter through typing inside the search box.
    Step 2: If the above step won’t help you out then, uninstall the present drivers you have installed as well as let`s first verify if the latest Windows Updates compatible in macbook are present or not are installed as these would comprise drivers for the devices on your computer.
    Step 3: Try uninstalling as well as reinstalling the audio driver and ensure for the issue. Select the start menu,in the run box just type devmgmt.msc and then press Enter. After that Device Manager window opens.
    increase Sound, Video as well as Game Controllers.
    Select on the sound card and choose Uninstall.
    Restart the macbok afterward Windows should now notice the sound card and install the sound drivers.

I first thing I noticed that you have installed windows 7 on your macbook which is an Apple product which is unreliable to work properly on the macbook. Generally most of the application takes time to start in the macbook when windows are installing in the macbook. So I even think that audio driver may not install properly on your macbook. Because in windows 7 these drivers are automatically detected by the system running or on different platform i.e. a non-macbook. So I believe check the appropriate driver for the audio driver which evenly compatible in Windows 7 and also with macbook.