Thread: Is it possible to change BIOS RAID to AHCI mode

Is it possible to change BIOS RAID to AHCI mode

Before I install Windows 7, I had a RAID-0 with windows Vista. I required to stay with my present installation so I got an Intel Safe State Drive. I installed Windows 7 through the BIOS in RAID mode. The whole thing is working very well and can access my RAID. I even able move my data. Currently, knowing I will not be able to exercise the TRIM (formerly the firmware is clear up and obtainable) since of being in RAID form (is it true?), I would like to swap to AHCI mode. I do not concern of losing my RAID. Will Windows 7 overload if I modify the BIOS? Will it install correct drivers (when I will be in AHCI mode)? I'm a slightly worry to try it and take an option to screw up my installation.

Re: Is it possible to change BIOS RAID to AHCI mode

If the Microsoft Win 7 is placed on a logical drive on the RAID (as place up using the BIOS services), you cannot modify the drive manager form of procedure without losing access to the data, together with the OS, formerly stored on the RAID. You can back up the data, rearrange as well as restore the data. It is quite a bit headache of taking the back up to do but it can be prepared. Be positive to back up your whole user files including email provisions, multi-media library, and documents and can reinstall all of your application in addition to disk images.

No, I installed windows 7 on my physical single drive which currently safe state drive (non-Raided). So I include my RAID-0 (Windows Vista) which are 2 hard disk and my 1 safe stare drive (SSD). The only dissimilarity is the BIOS were in RAID form and not AHCI when I installed Microsoft windows 7. Why? So I can utilize my RAID and relocate all the data on my Windows 7 SSD. Also, every OS are independent when booting has I exercise the BIOS to choose which on to use when booting.

I just want to know that do you using Intel motherboard. If so, the Intel onboard RAID execution comprise of AHCI. If you contain the Bios set to RAID for the SATA style, subsequently you already have full hold for AHCI in addition you shouldn't require to swap the modes. Actually, Intel suggests just to leaving it in RAID mode, as this provide you the majority flexibility leaving ahead. BTW, Windows 7 will install with its on drivers to moreover Intel RAID mode or else Intel AHCI mode. The major difficulty comes when you have Windows 7 installed to a system locate to IDE form and then afterward alter to RAID or AHCI. That's a problem