Thread: External hard drive detected in windows xp and Vista but not in Windows 7

External hard drive detected in windows xp and Vista but not in Windows 7

I have got a hp desktop desktop computer, my system has I have Intel dual core processor, I am currently using an Intel Chipset motherboard and currently use I have windows 7 24-bit version of operating system in my computer . I have 1 TB of hard drive installed in the system . Since I require a lot of data to be processed , I have an additional hard drive , but since there is not an additional slot available in my motherboard so I have converted it into a portable hard drive using ICY Dock removable enclosure, now I can connect it through the USB ports, but it does not get recognized when I connect it in my system . O connect it to the other systems having windows Vista and Windows Xp , it works fine , but I do not know why it does not work in my windows 7 operating system. If anyone has too say anything regarding this issue , then please comment.

Re: External hard drive detected in windows xp and Vista but not in Windows

This type of issues are mostly encountered by many people. I think your system needs a bit of scan that’s it , just click on manage and then select the disk management option and there you will be able to locate the Action option, from there you can select the option Rescan the Disc, this will probably help in your case , please post back in case if it really works then let me know.

I just went through the official website of my motherboard , then I came to know , the drivers which have been updated in the Windows 7 operating system are applicable AUDIO, LAN, and RAID , it seems that you will have to activate some PNP option and then let me know whether the hard drive is detected in the computer. Please check the Bios and let me know whether the hard drive is detetected there or not.

You said that you require a lot of data space and for that reason you converted your hard disk drive using the enclosure and then attach the hard drive through the USB drive , if you have done the whole conversion process yourself then it is also possible that in the mean while you would have damaged the hard drive or its connectors so that is why it is not being detected in the system.