Thread: Shared HP laserjet not able detect on Windows 7 enterprise edition

Shared HP laserjet not able detect on Windows 7 enterprise edition

When I inquire Windows 7 64-bit to look for for the printers on the network it located the HP laserjet 4p on my additional XP pro machine, but after that give me an error note about not being able to locate the driver file whenever I attempt to install. But when look for a solution by going to the HP site they reply me that Windows 7 has the drivers through update but there is no method that I can spot to get to them. The box that requested to find the file remains suggesting my internet driver with no alternative to look for in updates. So anyone have suggestion for this post this post then please reply me as soon as possible. By the way my computer is an Asus p6t deluxe V2 with an intel I-7 core 920 and 12 GB of RAM, windows Vista did this whole thing automatically.

Re: Shared HP laserjet not able detect on Windows 7 enterprise edition

I went in front and installed my HP Laserjet 4p immediately like it was a local printer. By no means hooked it up just installed it lacking any hook-up. When I got to the alternative of drivers the precise driver did not prove up as being in my copy of windows 7 so I asked it to update and it showed up. I just chosen it and it installed. It then showed up as a printer on my printers and other devices, but of course it wasn't addicted up at all. I came across network printer installation setup as well as the networked printer went in as simple as pie. I now have 2 4p's in my devices single local and the additional remote. I just don't print to the local one. Cannot make out if I could eliminate it but I think I'll just leave it alone for now. I must tell you the toughest section was getting the firewalls to allow the home network talk to each other, but I lastly figured that out. Be sure they can observe the other printer previous to you try any of the above.

I have a HP laserjet 8500 wireless printer. I run Windows 7 64-bit on Comp 1 & 2 and WHS on Comp3. All 3 PCs are in a home network through a switch. The printer is attached through usb to computer1. The original Hp W7-64 software (13) for W7 will not totally install on comp1. I installed the essential printer software for the printer on comp1. Currently the printing on comp1 works. The printing from the WHS via Comp1 works. When installing the HP laserjet software on comp2 I saw the similar results as on comp 1 (no go). When I installed the essential printer software from HP on comp2 it installed. (Using the similar virtual USB port as pc one). Test page was cannot able to be establish. A next one I install as a network pc through HP software could not carry on for the printer could not be establish. After removing the printer again and using 'add a printer' the printer was establish on comp1 and the driver installed on comp2. Test page was send through comp 1. testpage never printed, does not illustrate on comp1 but sometimes continue in comp2 . So I cannot use the printer from surrounded by comp2.

I think that the printer is not the issue for your problem the printer is working fine because it is able to perform well on xp as you mentioned on the above post. So there is a problem with windows 7 enterprise edition. I think that the driver which install in the xp for the printer may not compatible for the windows 7 enterprise. So I think that it is better for to the get the driver compatible with windows 7 and then try to install it on the windows 7 machine. I think that this will help you out for your post.