Thread: Laptop is unable to detect the operating system.

Laptop is unable to detect the operating system.

Hi I am having the dell vostro laptop and using it from last few months. The thing here is that I am not able to see anything when I start the laptop. I mean to say that when I start the laptop I only get the dell logo and then nothing happens the screen turns black. I don't know why it is happening. Please help me in this case and let me know what is wrong with my laptop. Why it is not detecting the operating system. I am using the windows 7 operating system and the Intel core i3 processor.

Re: Laptop is unable to detect the operating system.

Well I guess the operating system that you are using is corrupted and you have to reinstall the same. It happens if the operating system gets corrupted then we are not able to start the system itself. So what you have to do here is that start the laptop and then insert the Windows 7 setup if disk. Then let the system to boot the disk it will surely start the laptop as your installation is over.

I was also facing the similar kind of problem a few days back mine laptop was also not starting up. The first thing I want you to do here is that just do the hardware testing. You can do the same with the CD that must be provided to you with the laptop itself. It is nothing but the troubleshooting software that checks the hardware of your laptop. Once you will run this disk then you will come to know is there anything wro0ng with the laptop or not. And if you will find such then just take appropriate action to repair it.

According to me the virus have infected the system that you are using and that is the reason why you are getting this error. And I am sure that this is a virus attack on your system which has corrupted your operating system. So what you have to do here is that just install the operating system again and then see whether the system starts again or not. I think after the installation you have to install the latest antivirus onto your system that will protect it from viruses.

I think you have to place a complaint in front of dell customer support. So just visit the nearest dell customer care center and let them know the problem faced by you. I hope that they will cooperate with you and will help you to solve the issue. The most interesting thing here is that if your laptop is under warranty then they will not charge you anything and repair your laptop for free. I am sure that this will help you to resolve your problem.

I have got rid of the problem faced by me, after troubleshooting a lot I found that there was a mistake in the operating system that I was using. I mean to say that the operating system that was used by me was corrupted. And then I installed the windows 7 again and all the problems were solved. So thank you all of you for answering my queries.