Thread: Windows 7 will not shut down the power of any USB device when I click eject.

Windows 7 will not shut down the power of any USB device when I click eject.

Hi all, I would like to be familiar with why Windows 7 will not shut down the power of any USB device at what time I click eject.At what time I eject my USB hdd (unnecessary to state by means of no file transmit running), Windows show "The device can at the moment safely be removed", however the drive Remain on. At what time I did the similar by means of windows XP, it would discontinue running on one occasion the safety message had been shown.I have also tried each and every feasible means to eject my USB drives as well as devices, however I cannot build out how to alter this behavior.Any ideas? Your suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: Windows 7 will not shut down the power of any USB device when I click eject.

I assume you signify the light on the drive do not go off?This is usual actions for every operating system, including windows XP. At what time Windows says you are able to safely take away the drive, it is safe to remove, at the same time as all the read/write process are completed. By plan, the port on the way to which the device is connected is not perched in Windows at what time the device is soft removed. Please allow us to be familiar with if this helped.

Re: Windows 7 will not shut down the power of any USB device when I click eject.

okay, I make out that its usual in Windows 7, however at rest I would like to obtain back this just characteristic of the windows XP as it was.Therefore any proposal what .dll or else other application files be supposed to be put back or else something similar to that to be able to obtain the similar reply as in windows Xp at what time I remove safely any external hard drive?

Consequently you are stating that it was usual behavior in windows XP for the USB drives to keep on on until physically detached? My understanding by means of windows XP is that subsequent to an eject the devices would on the entire charmingly power down.I encompass a pair of Seagate FreeAgent external USB hard drives as well as by means of Windows XP subsequent to they are ejected a few seconds afterward they charmingly power off. At what time ejecting them on Windows 7 they presently reside on as well as have to be physically detached earlier than they lose power.As a result the reads/writes may be glow to disk however certainly it cannot be "safe" to plainly drop the power by unplugging them.

By means of my external hard drive it powers the drive off after some seconds at what time you safely take away hardware in windows XP as well as windows 7, as a result you have on the way to leave to external hard drives plugged in to the power for only some extra seconds, however USB cable be able to be detached on one occasion windows has done its securely remove.

I originate that you may possibly in reality obtain the device on the way to power off as a result of shutting down the usb hub that the device is linked to: Go to start and select Device manager and select universal bus controller.You will require on the way to discover the hub that has your device related to it.Most likely will not function fine on a laptop although as it may possibly shut down the hub that your mouse make use of. As a minimum it is a partial solution as well as further helpful as compare to "we were thinking of other consumers than you" reply.

See MS Link "http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2401954"