Thread: Optical drive missing in windows 7 64-bit

Optical drive missing in windows 7 64-bit

Recently I am utilizing the LG GH22NS30 DVD drive and it recently I have notice the Windows "disconnect" sound and my DVD drive just disappears.It will not demonstrate in the device manager and won't respond when I press the eject button on the tray. I have looked up a number of solutions in deleting the Upper and Lower filters and I do not even have that choice in the registry. I have also booted the computer in "Disable Integrity Checks" and the drive disappears within an hour of a reboot. I have changed drive letters also and still disconnects. When the drive does show up, it works fine. I can burn, watch movies, read data, etc. I have it connected to SATA. I'm running:
    • Core i7 920
    • evga x58 3X SLI
    • Windows 7

Any help would be great.

Re: Optical drive missing in windows 7 64-bit

Like you guys I have also faced this kind of issue. I have solution for this issue so if you want then you can go for this. In that first you uninstall the the cd-dvd drive. And in this if the drive is not listed, remove and install it again in to the existing drivers. So in order to get rid from this issue you just follow this I hope this will going to help you.
    1. Tick Start and then tick Control Panel.
    2. Tick System and Maintenance, tick System, and then clack Device Manager.
    3. And in that you just note that If Control Panel is in Classic View, double-click System, and then click Device Manager.
    4. And if you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.
    5. In Device Manager, expand DVD/CD-ROM drives, right-click the CD and DVD devices, and then tick on to the Uninstall.
    6. And in last when you prompted to make sure that you wish to take away the device, click OK and Restart the computer.

I have the similar kind of hardware, and I have the similar kind of difficulty. We are not unaccompanied. The new firmware release from LG does not able to fix the trouble either. I am starting to leave myself to the fact that these drives will never work with some high end hardware like ours and Windows 7.

I am also facing the similar kind of issue from last one week. In this my drive was more often than not gone in windows 7. From time to time it appears but then disappeared after a second. In order to fix this issue I have tried many of the solution but till now I am not able to succeed. But I have tried recently one solution which one worked was to simply plug the drive into a different SATA slot on the motherboard. It seems that windows do not like it when certain devices are mixed on the similar channel. What worked for me was to make a non-booting sata drive and the DVD drive.