Thread: User Profile Service failed On my windows Vista

User Profile Service failed On my windows Vista

I have just enabled the Guest account in Windows Vista. When a user logs for this account I keep getting the following error message: "The registration of the service 'User Profile Service' failed. The user profile cannot be loaded." The same error message occurs when I create another user account and try to do to register. It does not matter whether it is an administrator, makes also use or guest account. Only on the scale of the installation (Administrator) account works without problems. I've searched some forums for answers, but so far without success. I also noticed that after account creation in the C: \ Users \ Directory, a folder with their user name is created. If the incorrect permissions on / shares are, which then lead to the described error? The permissions I have not been touched. I'm really at a loss and would appreciate any suggestions.

Re: User Profile Service failed On my windows Vista

I finally browsed through the following comment to a solution encountered that works for me. Here are the steps required are summarized:
    1. In Windows Explorer, make sure the hidden files and folders: This in an Explorer window in the menu Tools-> Folder Options> View tab and select "Show hidden files, display folder" and press OK.
    2. The folder C: \ Users \ (or C: \ Users \) call, the dial is now visible folder "Default" by right click and click Properties.
    3. The Security tab and click on the advanced button.
    4. Now a list of permission entries for the folder is visible. Under the "list is a checkbox to include the" inheritable permissions from the parent object labeled with. The key to success is to put the check mark there. For me the check mark is grayed out and thus not directly selected, but instead you can click the button above it "Change Permissions".
    5. Here again is the same list and see the check mark can be set. The entry below ("All the permissions on child objects”) I had to select me to make it work, but claims it cannot possibly (see also linked English commentary).
    6. Then I got a series of error messages, where is, in my experience does not need to bother but, that’s it.

In the previous reply anyone who has read all the entries on this here will have seen that I had already tried some things in permissions. The above-described check mark but I have never set because I was convinced and I am that you cannot assign folder rights, as the role of "Everyone" full access. I have to set my experiments again and again, the original permissions. Funnily enough, the only check mark means that exactly the same rights that the folder had anyway, again from C: \ Users \ inherited. Why change something that I'm still not clear, but as it works now. Perhaps there or anywhere since the gremlins in detail. Think it is still impressive, can solve on how many different ways to the same problem at first - Or maybe not. Maybe this solution helps even one or the other on.

I have the default permissions which changed anything or installed any tuning tools. At this point I cannot say that I've formatted my laptop before installation. The user folders are normally under c: \ user’s \ the only software that could possibly have an influence, is Norton Internet Security 2010, but has been unable to find a clue. May be you have to changed; the only point at which something might go unnoticed in the ratings was in the establishment of the network. I use it not the new home network function, but the classic version of the network is running with 2 older XP machine. What irritates me in this context: Why is the entire user folder to other users of the network released? Since there is only a small network is at my home, I do not understand it would be worth almost a new theme, if not already there. I have tried the new user to create the Computer Management under Local Users and Groups-> Users "Have tried it already on the simple version in Control Panel under User Accounts. The Guest account you need only to activate it in anyway. All the more strange that not even that works. So the creation of works of course, but as described above creates no Windows folder under c: \ users \ and the application I get the error message with the user profile service.