Thread: Boot Drive is not Visble in the Storage management console

Boot Drive is not Visble in the Storage management console

I have got a desktop computer which I had bought 1 year back , I have Intel core 2 duo from intel installed in it, along with it I have I had bought it around a year back, I have a dual core processor from Intel, 4 GB of Corsair RAM and and 320 GB of internal hard drive installed with SATA Connectors hard drive from Seagate . I have a Windows xp home edition installed in my system but later on I had upgraded with the Windows 7 operating system installed due to daily grpth and changes in the applications . But since few days I am facing serious issue in my system. I have the windows partition installed in the c: drive or you can say that it is my boot drive. But the issue is that it is not visible in the is not listed in device manager . When I opened the storage management console , I cannot see it there too . Does any one has got any idea about it , or how to solve this type of issues .

Re: Boot Drive is not Visble in the Storage management console

If you remember there are lots of hard drives and have unique identity that represent each and every hard drive in the system, they are D: E: and F: normally and many more. You said that C drive is your C: drive is your boot drive. Check if there is any entry for it in the device manager , you will have to also check in the Storage management console . If it is not visible in both the locations , check if can you see that the contents are visible or accessible through the Windows Explorer.

I too was facing the same issue , I had Windows xp installed, Mine boot device hard drive was C: drive as well. I could see the contents only but I could o0nly access it through the Windows explorer. But I have heard that Windows 7 sometimes changes the name of the hard drive and names the boot drive as C: always , check if the the drive which does not appear , whether they are visible in the disk management , you can solve this issue by just renaming them in another system.

I do not believe in that statement , , you install the Windows 7 operating system in any of the hard drive, what you can do is you can go to the Windows Explorer and look for windows directory , but as you mentioned that you are not able to see any drive in the Disk management so , so in that situation you can do some advanced things, on the right hand side of the computer management , you will be able to find more Action option an select the Rescan Disks option. I think it will definitely resolve your issue .