Thread: WPD FileSystem Volume Driver Error on my system

WPD FileSystem Volume Driver Error on my system

In device manager under portable devices I obtain the subsequent message; "The device is not functioning correctly for the reason that Windows were not able to load the drivers which is required for this device. (Code 31)". The machine is the 'WPD FileSystem Volume Driver".
    Windows Event Viewer in that it reports the following things -
    Information - Drivers were productively installed for device - Driver Installation
    Information - It was not probable to access the device () after installing driver Error code 0x800706- Driver migration

Re: WPD File System Volume Driver Error on my system

I finally resolved the above by doing the following;
    1. And in this first you Reinstall the chipset drivers for my motherboard
    2. After doing this you just restarting the PC
    3. And after doing this you just go to Control panel/device manager/System devices and then uninstalling every possible device it is not probable to get rid of them all.
    4. You just restart PC and all devices removed in step C by design and then reinstall themselves - restart PC once procedure is comprehensive and the trouble is solved

The main problem in device was a USB2 memory card reader. Hope it works for you.

Thanks for posting in Microsoft answers! Open the Device Manager and see if you find any yellow Bangs or Exclaimation under the Universal Bus Controllers.
    1. Reinstall the Microsoft WPD FileSystem Volume Driver manually.
    2. Tick Start, right-click on Computer and choose Properties.
    3. Go to Device Manager.
    4. Tick on vision and tick on Show Hidden devices. Find the way to Universal Bus Controllers“, right-click on it and choose “Uninstall” for all the USB devices listed there.
    5. Later than the un-installation, click “Action – Scan for hardware changes”.
    6. Install the device once more.
    7. Reboot the computer and observe how it works.
    8. For the time being unplug the unnecessary devices to test the issue.

Like you guys I am also going through this and related to this issue I have searched a lot but not able to get the perfect solution. So regarding this if anybody has relevant solution then please try to post it as soon as it is possible for you guys. And ya, I have been penetrating the internet for the last 6 hours trying to resolve this, I have reinstalled all drivers for my sd readers, monitor drivers, everything and no luck. Windows 7.

That is ordinary process. It is also unsuccessful for some of the time. I have attempted a various variations on a theme: from device manager uninstall drivers, reboot; from device manager update driver; from the pop-up window later than boot mechanically look for and install update driver. It is just maddening that the error which keeps popping up. When running the update, it states that the most recent driver is installed. This machine is a Sony Vaio, Windows Vista, most recent MS updates, latest Vaio updates. There are no outer USB sticks nor other flash disk devices inserted.