Thread: Kaplan study program freezes the web browser

Kaplan study program freezes the web browser

I have got a desktop computer system , I have installed windows 7 in my computer, I have Intel’s Quad core processor installed in my system, with 2 GB of Ram, 320 GB of hard drive and and an Nvidia Graphic card installed , I had bought it around 1 year back, but right now I am facing some issues with it , I was just looking for Kaplan software but could not install it as it prompted some error saying it is missing some sort of application but do not know what it is ? Can someone help me to get this issue fixed? I thank you people in advance.

Re: Kaplan study program freezes the web browser

If you have the Adobe reader installed in your system It also happens mostly that in many cases some cases Adobe reader will have some issues in opening completely as it will not open as it should due to which there is a chance that your browser to may freeze in between. This adversely effects the browser , so I think for that reason you have no option to uninstall the Adobe reader completely before it reflects much impact on your browser. I think this will resolve your issue but the cost of uninstallation of a useful software.

Yes if you have Adobe reader installed , it will mostly block the web browser, but I do not think there is any need to un install the Adobe reader, instead I will recommend you a different path . Instead of uninstalling the software which is making the software to freeze and not allowing to work the Kaplan too, then you can simply disable it rather than removing it. I do not know how it is done, but I think it is an effective solution.

To disable the Adobe reader first you will have to manually Disable the software’s browser plug-in and make the brower to forcefully to open the Adobe Reader application as a new window and you can also manually disable it , first of all you will have to Open the Adobe Reader tool and then go to Edit option and then on the Preferences dialog box , here you will have to choose the category as internet and if the option of Display PDF in browser is unchecked , then please uncheck it . I think this will surely fix your issue and it would be better if you try this and see it works an post back your latest updates.

But I think you missed out something, the above solution is indeed correct but I would say that it is an incomplete solution. You were going on a right track but stuck in between. After changing the internet settings .e after unchecking the Display PDF in browser option I think you need to restart the system and it is quite necessary to do it. Infact it will prompt you in most cases to restart your system once you have made the required changes. Once the system is rebooted please try to access the file again, then open the file with the Adobe reader, but before rebooting please make sure that you have closed all the applications which have been opened previously.

I did a bit of a research a when I had faced an issue regarding the same software but it was somewhat distinct than your issue. I also had called their support system and they had given me an incomplete solution , a link that did not exist, so meanwhile if you have contacted to the Microsoft , then I think you should have contacted Kaplan instead because they take considerable amount of money for their study courses like MCAT.

I think Kaplan just needs to pay at least some heed after this number of complaints. How can any educational organization can produce such a program that is too difficult to match with the world’s most acceptable operating system. I wonder for how much time this GRE from Kaplan will sustain in the market. Well I do not think if you are educated enough , you should not waste your money on buying its product.