Thread: Power Problems with Sony vaio VGC-RB52

Power Problems with Sony vaio VGC-RB52

I have purchased a new computer system for my son. 3 to 4 month ago it’s working smoothly but now it’s getting problem with power supply. it suddenly get shutdown after every some time I thought the problem is in the operating system the I had reinstalled windows 7 but its same , then I have changed socket and checked but its same issue . my son need to d college project so if anybody having idea then please let me know .

Re: Power Problems with Sony vaio VGC-RB52

There are some simple steps that you ca n follow that are :
    • Left click on Start menu and then Control Panel or you can go on Settings.
    • Then Control Panel depending on your computers setup.
    • Then click twice on Power and opening it.
    • Release the "Hibernate" tab and click on "Enable Hibernate." You may have to reboot again.
    • Check the "Sleep" mode task again.
    • If still is not resolve then you need to contact to your service center of Sony.
    Last edited by Alexisus; 07-12-2010 at 08:34 PM.

For find out exact problem there is lots of way, some of them I can tell you that are:
    1) Test your power connection. Attempt one more outlet. In case you are joined to a UPS, make confirm the UPS is not congested by testing the lights on the UPS. If the Replace battery or Overload light is on, this is possible the trouble.
    2) You can also try another option try new adapter which is the plug that join to your laptop and then to your power which charges battery. Might there is problem you an also assure that exact issue by checking with different adapter.

There might be problem in Power Supply. It can be faulty for checking this you can fallow some steps that are:
    • Uncover the computer and on. Place the power supply in the area of the case. it will be a big silver color pack with a set of power connections which coming off of it.
    • Observe the situation of the power supply for any breakage. If the power supply has begun to go shocking you may notice a flaming smell or see burnt wires.
    • Start the computer without cover and keep it running until it shuts down. Check for the noise of the power supply clicking off as the PC off. If you take notice of a popping sound or a cracking noise it could be an hint that the power supply has ongoing to fail.