Thread: Unable to reformat windows 7 on my drive

Unable to reformat windows 7 on my drive

Hello friends I have got this unusual problem while reformatting Windows on my system. I am having Windows 7 on my system which I amusing for quite some time now. What I want to do is to wipe out the Windows 7 again reinstall it. I have Windows 7 on my Cd, but when I put the CD in the drive to reformat the Windows I am not able to carry out the re installation properly. I have done the previous installation using the same CD but this time around I am not able to do it. So can any one help me to know what is the problem and how can I be able to solve this issue inorder to completely install the Windows 7 again.

Re: Unable to reformat windows 7 on my drive

Hey have you checked the CD on different computer to see if it is working properly. I think that it would surely be the problem of the formatting CD as I think that over time it might have loose the functionality that are required to carry on the formatting of the hard drive. So you first check the CD on some other system or use some other CD to carry on the formatting process.

Hey I would want to know how exactly are you reformatting the drive, are you using the using the original CD or not. Also, when you insert the CD in the drive then which options are you selecting, are you selecting quick format or full format. Also, I would want to know that at which point of the time are you getting the error, are you getting the error during the insertion of the Cd or are you getting the error while formatting, that is when the process of the formatting is currently going on. Can you provide with the exact detail.

Hello friends I have checked the CD on some other system and it is actually working pretty fine over there. I am having no problem as such with the CD and the question that the CD is at fault is out. The next thing is that when I insert the CD in the drive it runs perfectly but when I select the full format I am getting an error saying that Windows cannot format the drive. So can any one help me to know what is exactly the problem and what can I do to solve the problem.

First of all make sure that your Hard Disk which you are trying to format, dont have a page file on it, if it is then you have to change the location of it by using the following.
    Firstly Open "Controlpanel" from the start menu, open up "System", and then click on "Advanced system settingsā€. Find Performance/ Visual effects under the "advanced" tab and select the processor scheduling, memory usage and virtual memory, Finally you have to can change the virtual memory as refers to the paging file under the "Advanced" tab.