Thread: In Windows 7 Printer spooler shows Error Code 1813 and1053

In Windows 7 Printer spooler shows Error Code 1813 and1053

Yesterday I upgraded my new Dell laptop from Windows 7 Home premium to Windows 7 Professional. The laptop is networked successfully with my old desktop PC which is running XP via wireless. Right now I am thinking about to add the HP printer attached to the desktop and online in network. The network map shows that the printer is connected but when I try to add it I got the Error showing the Code 1813 with a message and then it follows another error code 1053. The error 1813 describe that the "Windows could not start this service on local computer” and the Error code 1053 says “service did not respond to start in controlled or timely manner”. I have no idea how to fix this issue. All I know is I have been in services.msc and the start up is automatic. I hope that someone might have found the solution for this.

Re: In Windows 7 Printer spooler shows Error Code 1813 and1053

You can check your system for file corruption by launching the system file checker. You need to delete the SFC logs first before connecting or installing the printer. You can find the SFC log in C:\WINDOWS\LOGS\CBS\CBS.LOG . Otherwise
    • Open a command prompt.
    • In the elevated command prompt, type sfc /scannow and press Enter.
    • The scan will take a while.
    • When the scan is complete, see all is ok or not.
    • If yes then close the command prompt.
    • If not, then run a System Restore using a restore point dated before the bad file occurred to fix it. Repeat the system restore until you get the right file to make it work.

Who is the maker and the model of the printer? Did you install the latest printer drivers which are compatible to Windows 7 professional edition not the premium edition? First check the dependencies of Print Spooler service and check whether they are in run mode or not. To verify it
    • Click Start and in the Start search box type services.msc and hit Enter.
    • Locate Print Spooler.
    • Select Properties by Right-click.
    • Choose the Dependencies tab.
    • Under “Print Spooler” check for the “Dependencies” and ensure all the dependency services are running and set to either “Manual” or “Automatic”.

There is easy way to check the issue in windows 7 that is using the troubleshooter. Run it and see whether it will fix your printer issue or not. To open the Printer troubleshooter by clicking the Start button> Control Panel. In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click Troubleshooting. Under Hardware and Sound, click printer and follow the instructions as provided there.

To resolve the issue
    • Go to Start> Run and type services.msc and press enter.
    • On the right of the Services window look for "Print Spooler"
    • Right-click "Print Spooler" and select "Properties".
    • In the “Recovery" tab change all 3 drop-down boxes as "Restart the Service".
    • Make sure the 2 text boxes beneath them say "1"
    • Click Ok and close it
    • Again go back to the properties of the "Print Spooler" and remember to click “Start” to restart the Print Spooler service and it will restart the service without any delay.
    • Another thing is the Print spooler depending on the Remote Procedure Call (RPC) service. Do not disable this service. If this service has been disabled then go to services.msc verify for RPC. Check the state and set it to “Automatic”