Thread: ASUS G73 does not recognize blu ray disc in Windows 7 64bit

ASUS G73 does not recognize blu ray disc in Windows 7 64bit

Yesterday I bought a new laptop ASUS G73 with Windows 7 professional 64 bit for my personal use. The main thing I likes about this laptop is the Blu Ray Driver with a utility PowerDVD 9. The disk driver properly recognizes the DVD and runs smoothly. But when I put the Blue Ray disk in it the windows 7 does not recognize it anymore. The autoplay is also enables in my laptop but it won’t play at all. The Windows Explorer also doesn’t show up the disc. The utility PowerDVD9 also no use at all. When I open up this program it asks some setup like region and some area code. I have correctly performed all the setup. The model of Blue Ray drive is MATSHITA BD-CMB UJ141AS. I hope that someone might help me to get rid of this issue.

Re: ASUS G73 does not recognize blu ray disc in Windows 7 64bit

Did you try other Blue Ray disks? Did you try the Blu ray Discs troubleshooter? First of all you need to run the troubleshooter on your Windows 7 and the check the result. I think you may know how to launch the troubleshooter. To launch this
    • Go to Start> Control panel.
    • There you will get a search box, type troubleshooter in it and then choose Troubleshooting Button.
    • In the left pane of the troubleshooting windows click view all option and choose Playing and Burning CDs, DVDs, and Blu ray Discs.
    • Follow the instructions as mentioned there. I hope that you will find out whatever the issue is.

What will happen when you insert the Blue Ray disc in its drive? Does it show any error message? Did you try the other player for BluRay disc? As far as I know that the Windows media player is not capable of playing Blue Ray disc. I think that in Windows 7 to play Blu Ray disc you will need some codecs. The unavailability of codecs might enable this kind of issues. Did you get the right driver for your BluRay Disk Driver? Does it compatible to Windows 7 Edition?

When I looked into the Asus Driver page I didn’t find the MATSHITA BD-CMB UJ141AS on its list. So I think that the Asus did not yet launch the exact drivers for your Current Windows 7 versions. Did you try the other Versions of Windows 7? As you are saying that you are currently using PowerDVD 9. I think you should try WinDVD software. This is more capable for windows Versions OS. If this won’t help you then try some other 3rd party applications to run the bluRay disk.

It seems to me that it probably is the issues of the Disk driver itself. So I urge you to contact some Hardware technician and tell them to perform some test on your drive. This will help you to know whether it is only the BluRay driver issues or something regarding the Windows OS and its utilities. Open the Device Manager and see anything wrong in MATSHITA BD-CMB UJ141AS drivers. If there are any yellow marks then you need to either re-install the driver or update the driver. Suppose if there any malicious program is affected to your laptop then it might also be possible that the driver will not able to load the BluRay discs. Run the Good antivirus program and check for result.

If it is probably the issue of the Hardware I think you should send it back for replacement. If you have recently bought the laptop then it is possible for you to replace the drive without any cost if only you have service warranty. To check the driver capability I urge you to select the primary boot device as the Blue Ray Drive from Boot menu settings and then put any bootable blueray disc and restart the laptop. If your Disk Drive is fine then it will probably boot the disk at the startup without any issue. Like this you will get the answer and what exactly the issue is troubling you.