Thread: BSOD error : "athrxusb.sys" error

BSOD error : "athrxusb.sys" error

I have bought a desktop computer system 8 months back , I like Windows 7 so I have installed it in my computer system , I have AMD Turion processor installed in my system, with 4 GB of RAM , I TB GB of hard drive and also a graphic card of certain brand but I do not know the manufacturer I used to use Window XP prior to this operating system. I also connect connect my system through Wireless LAN using the router. Since I have installed the Windows 7 operating system , my system encounters blue screen errors, this occurs mostly when I try to download any file from the utorrent application. Although the BSOD does not occur each and every time it is mostly at a higher rate or you can say most frequent. Although I do not get ay such error while surfing. The error come with some code such as Driver IRQL not less or equal" and there is one more blue screen error saying and "athrxusb.sys" or something , has anybody faced the issue before ? Please let me know how to tackle it if you have.

Re: BSOD error : "athrxusb.sys" error

I was too facing having the same issue with my Dell dimension E510. I used to get blue screen errors started getting the BSOD error that used to get the same errors you are getting right now and with exact code message which you have mentioned in your post . In order to resolve it I tried the safe mode option , but it did not help. I also ran a scan for virus scan on my system suspecting that I had a virus attack , but still the same error. started my antivirus scanner up and got a BSOD again. So, I am unable to run it in safe mode. Seeing that my data was pretty much on a external hard drive I decided to reformat and fresh install windows. I start to delete the partition and do a fresh install. At 100% I get a "file can not be copied error" So I try to repair it. No files can repaired so I decide to skip. It is not successfully copying any files. I try to skip, then I get the same BSOD.Then my other step was to check the hard drive, if in case the hard drive is attacked with Virus , so I had new hard drive installed still the error was there , I had to do a fresh operating system installation to resolve it .

I just went through a couple of reviews with the same Blue screen error then finally I got the core reason for the issue, it seems there is some issue with IDE driver . You will have to fetch the updated drivers from the manufacturer .You will have to open the safe mode and manually uninstall all the drivers which were pre installed in the system , then Boot into safe mode, you will have to delete the folder which contains the partition and reinstall it again and then restart the system .

You said that you get the blue screen errors mostly when you download anything from the utorrent , I too had faced such issue when I had downloaded some high definition games that took a lots of memory I, my system endured the same error code that was generated in yours . ie references"athrxusb.sys , I do not think there was anything ti do but just look for an update of the Windows 7. operating system After googling on the various website I came to know drivers of the 32bit operating system were dated in October of the year 2009, however but the drivers of the currently installed 64 bit version where signed during . So I need not do anything but just update the 32 bit version of the operating system.

You can check the performance using the tool The Performance Monitor and the report generated by it shows that there the core problem is in the nVidia nForce networking controller. The garbage files suspects your nVidia video driver just the one time and that results in athrxusb.sys not once but twice on the USB.the error display what appears to be a wireless USB controller twice (athrxusb.sys).Well I think your BSOD error is possibly solved by just updating the Video Controllers to be solved buy But instead of doing that directly I would recommend you to first uninstall the old drivers from the Control panel and then go for the change and then install the fresh drivers .

You said you faced the Blue screen error whenever you do any download from the u torrent , during that time you face the blue screen, that too not always but in few cases the download was successful, so either the culprit is the utorrent or the files pr applications whichever you have installed in the system. In this case i would suggest you to rollback to that particular stage where and when your system was working absolutely fine.