Thread: Issues while installing Java on Windows 7

Issues while installing Java on Windows 7

I have the system and I have the Windows 7 running on that system and the thing here is that I have no issues with the Windows 7 and all the other applications here. I have an issue with the java runtime environment 6.0. I do not know why but when I go with the installation of this runtime environment I have noticed that an error pops up. The error has the code and the code is 1723. It also says that there is a .dll file that is not here and hence I am getting this error. Can you all please help me out here? I really do not know what this .dll file is and what this error 1723 is. I just want to have the Java on my system and that is the only think that I want to have. Please help me so that I can have this here and any description on this will be really appreciated. I have the Windows 7 32 bit version on the system. Can it be the culprit? I was having the Windows XP but never faced the issue there. Please help me out with this. Hope that i have made the things clear here.

Re: Issues while installing Java on Windows 7

Well to start with let me tell you here that you are not having the perfect match of eh Java version for your Windows 7 and hence I think that you are getting the issue. Well at the moment all that I can suggest you is to go with the Latest version of the Java and I am sure that this will suit well with the case of yours. Please go to the official site of the Sun and have the updated or say the latest copy of the Java from there. I think that at the moment Java 6.0.12 and I have this running here on my system and I have the Windows 7 here and hence I think that you will be able to have that in your case as well. Please see if you can have the copy in your case and I am sure the latest version of the Java this time will run in your case.

I think that there is some issue with the Windows Installer. To verify this I would like you to ask one question. Are you able to install other application that makes use of the Windows Installer? Please try to see for this, and if you can then I think that there is some issue with the Java package and for that I think that it will be great if you can have the other one from the SUN. As I think that is the only solution in this case. In addition to this if you cannot have the other application installed using the Windows Installer then I think that you will have to have the Windows Installer here and the link for the same is here: Windows Installer 4.5. Hope that this can bring some difference to the scenarios that you are dealing with at the moment.

I have something that can explain the Error 1723. This issue arises only when there is some problem with the Windows Installer package. A DLL is necessary for this install to complete. If the required DLL is not present then the install could not proceed. However the exact reason for this error is yet in research but the things that have been out yet so far state that the issue can be because of the Windows Installer package. You can have the issue tackled in a very simple manner. All you have to take care of is the version of the Java that you are trying to have on the System of yours. Please see that you have the perfect match of the Java version that you have for the system. Sometimes this can also be the reason for this error. And the other way of keeping the errors away is to see if there is no issue at all from the Windows Installer package. See if you can have the latest version of this. You can download it from the link that has been mentioned above. Please let me know if that helped you.

Well the issue that you are dealing with at the moment is not yet cleared and I have the solution for both the cases. If you want you can have the Download of the Java from the link that I am giving and see which one suits in your case: JAVA interactive installation and Java offline installation. The offline installation is the better one and I think that you should go with that at first. This was regarding the Java and if you are having issues with the Windows Installer package then I think that updating the same will really help you here. Before doing that just see the steps below and see if that can help you a bit:
    1. Open up the Command prompt and type SFC /VERIFYNOW
    2. After that wait for some time till the Scan finishes
    3. Once the Scan get finished type SFC /?
    4. It will offer you the actions that you can perform on this and see which one here you can go with.

Thanks a lot to all the members here and one more thing I got it really solved when with the reinstallation of this thing here. Really the JAVA interactive installation did not helped and actually it was taking a bit long I guess but the offline installation really did the trick here. Well that was the thing that I wanted to have. Thanks a lot again for this. Now I am not getting this error and this has really helped here.