Thread: Windows 7: Mouse Pointer gets messed up

Windows 7: Mouse Pointer gets messed up

Hello friends, I am currently being using the Windows 7 Ultimate of 64 bit. I am having the trouble with the mouse as gets messed every now and then. The cursor turns into a extraordinary line every once and a while, but particularly when playing games with high FPS. If I move my mouse around very rapidly for a small amount of seconds, it goes back to normal. Every once in a while, my mouse pointer gets messed up that is turns into a strange looking line and bar. This seems to occur when I have an only some applications running but couldn't say to you if a particular application seems to be creating the problem. Any suggestion how I can stop this problem? thanks in advance!!

Re: Windows 7: Mouse Pointer gets messed up

I think that this may be an problem connected with the drivers for the mouse after installing Windows 7. You may try updating the drivers for the mouse from the Device Manager and check whether it works for you. First select the Start menu from the windows, now in the search box type the Device Manager, in device manager Expand Mice and other Pointing devices, select and right click on to the properties option, in that select the tab of the drivers, click the Update drivers options and then click OK. Finally verify if any exclamation marks are shown with the device. The exclamation mark shows an problem with the driver installed. I will also recommend you to manually download the drivers from the manufacturer’s website.

I have done the Quick fix for my system and it really worked for me. it also does not prevent the issue from reoccurring: first from the select the start menu from that select the control panel, in that click to the Hardware option, in that you will be having the option of Mouse, go to the pointer options and set the pointers Trails to yes. It worked for me. Hope this will work for you also.

I will suggest you to reduce the hardware acceleration, and then check if it helps. To do that you have to open the Screen Resolution, to open it click on to the Start menu from the desktop, then click the Control Panel, under that select Appearance and Personalization option and then click on to the Adjust screen resolution. In that select the Advanced settings, click the Troubleshoot Tab and then change the settings. Also the important thing is that some of the video drivers do not permit you to change the settings. Second thing I want to say if the problem is happening on particularly, then I'd recommend you to uninstall and then reinstall the game and test or contact the game manufacturer and check with them if they have released any most recent patches for the game.

This problem might be related with the drivers for the mouse after installing Windows 7; try to update the drivers for the mouse from the Device Manager and check whether it works for you: very firstly click to the Start Menu, go to the search option and type Device Manager in that, in device Manager Expand Mice and other Pointing devices, go on to the Properties, in that click on to the Drivers Tab, after click on to the Update drivers options, and click OK. Now test if it displays any exclamation marks are revealed with the device. The exclamation mark shows an problem with the driver installed. Also I will suggest you to manually download the drivers from the manufacturer’s web page and try to install the same on the computer and then check.

You may try to connect the mouse to different port and test, this is to narrow down the problem if the problem is with mouse or else with ports. You may also try to connect the different mouse to the computer and try linking this mouse to different computer and check. Also eliminate the ATI drivers and use the drivers that come out with windows, they don’t have these problems. The other crucial solution is to reboot the system.