Thread: While transferring the large file with the help of USB hard drive and Windows 7 failed before complete transfer

While transferring the large file with the help of USB hard drive and Windows 7 failed before complete transfer

I have bought laptop of an Acer Aspire 8737 and they have provided me Windows 7 home premium 64 bit along with that. I have a clean install that Windows 7 and all the most recent Basic Input Output System (BIOS) and drivers from the developers. It is also not supporting Nvidia chip form the USB controller. I have an Intel controller. After that whenever I have use USB hard drive to transfer the data, the transfer starts and then in between only it stop. It appears to stop at a variety of points in the transfer. And when I use to restart the system it starts again. And it only happens with the during the transfer of use data. Please help me

Re: While transferring the large file with the help of USB hard drive and Windows 7 failed before complete transfer

Hello! You should try the following steps and see the result.
    1. The very first step is you should try to convert the file system to NTFS if it is not in NTFS format. And then ensure that whether you are capable to transfer files or not.
    2. And then you should try to reduce the files size and transfer them.
    3. And then you should uninstall the entire USB connected entries that is present in device manager. And then you should go to your developer website and from there, you should install the latest drivers for your chipset. And make sure that the drivers you are installing are compatible to your system because there are no 64 bit drivers.

Re: While transferring the large file with the help of USB hard drive and Windows 7 failed before complete transfer

Hi! Friends I want to tell you that I am also victim of same issue. I am also using the same laptop and while transferring with the large amount of file at a time. In my case I am able to send the data from my system to the USB drive very well but it freezes will transferring from USB hard drive to my computer. I mean to say that I can use AcronisTrue Image and I can generate an image on the USB hard drive without any issue. But when I try to confirm the image on the USB hard drive it is not accessible to me. So please help me also.

Hello! Elieis, you should first try to uninstall Acronis True Image and earlier than uninstalling you should, ensure that you have the product key and the install medium so that after this process you should be able to reinstall the software. Then try to transfer the files to observe that you are till now getting the problem. If you are still getting the issue till now then there may a driver loading as not in safe mode that's creating this problem.