Thread: Cannot print after Windows 7 64bit upgrade

Cannot print after Windows 7 64bit upgrade

I just now updated one of my latest computers from Vista Home Premium 64-bit on the way to Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. In view of the fact that then I have not been capable on the way to print to my networked printer ( HP Photosmart C7180 All-in-One). At what time this computer was Vista, I was capable on the way to print. Two other computers on my residence network, together running windows XP, be able to access the printer across the network as well as print. This computer at the moment running Windows 7 64-bit can discover the networked printer at what time I "Add-a-printer", as well as I am able on the way to end the installation of the printer. I downloaded as well as installed latest drivers for the HP C7180 from the HP website purposely for Windows 7 64-bit, as a result I have the latest drivers.Any suggestion regarding to this trouble would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Re: Cannot print after Windows 7 64bit upgrade

First, you may possibly attempt the Printer troubleshooter, which will try on the way to automatically diagnose as well as resolve your trouble.By clicking the Start button open the Printer troubleshooter, as well as after that clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type troubleshooter, and after that click Troubleshooting. Under Hardware and Sound, click Use a printer.

If Windows cannot identify a printer that you desire to make use of, follow these steps on the way to find as well as add the printer manually:
    1. By clicking the Start button Open Devices and Printers, and on the Start menu, click Devices and Printers.
    2. Now Click Add a printer.
    3. Select add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer in the Add Printer wizard.
    4click the printer that I desire is not listed.
    5. On the Find a printer by name, choose how to find the printer that you desire on the way to make use of, and then click Next.
    6. Then click Finish.

Thank you for your reply as well as suggestion.I tried both of your idea, however to no enhancement.The Troubleshooter does not discover anything incorrect by means of the configured printer.I be able to still send "Test Pages" on the way to the queue they come into view there as "Spooling", after that "Printing", and after that vanish from the queue, however by no means come out of the printer.(As well as they by no means come out, not yet subsequent to rebooting or resetting the printer as far as the row is anxious, they are supposed to have disappeared anywhere). Any proposal as to extra advanced checks that I may do? I do not desire on the way to have to back out Windows 7 as well as go back to Vista... the whole thing also by means of Windows 7 has lastly been worked out, apart from this printer problem.

I have accurately the similar trouble as BigDogLucy, apart from the printer it straightforwardly linked by means of USB (it is a Lexmark X7170). We earlier make use of this printer well by means of an windows XP PC (as well as if I plug it in there, it works). I would like on the way to make use of it from Windows 7.At the same time as by means of BigDogLucy, print jobs just "disappear" without noticeable changes on the printer or else the print queue. The print jobs are trying from 1) IE 8.0, 2) Foxit PDF reader. All exhibit the similar "printing" as well as it seems that okay print, however the net result is nothing prints as well as the print queue leftovers at 0 documents.

Please uninstall the printer drivers by following the below instruction:
    1. Click on the Start button
    2. Go to Control Panel
    3. Click on program
    4. Uninstall a program
    5. select “ printer software and uinstall”
    6. Restart the computer.
    7. Download the drivers for the
    8. At time of the installation of the printer choose Network printer .
    9. After the installation, attempt printing a test page
    make sure whether the trouble is resolved.