Thread: CMD+TAB function not working in mac os

CMD+TAB function not working in mac os

I have a 5.4- inch MacBook Pro Mac OS X (10.6.2). I have recently started facing this issue. The issue is that i work with many applications like Firefox, apple mail, yahoo messenger etc all at one time. So i regularly have to switch from one application to another. Now the problem is that i use the cmd+tab button quite frequently. Now after dong that i observed that the command shifts from one application to the another in the normal task bar but it does not open the screen of the particular application completely. So its giving a problem with that because every time i have the habit of using the shortcut keys. Now i have to depend on the mouse to perform such actions. So tell me what can i do to solve these problem. Please do help me with these.

Re: CMD+TAB function not working in mac os

Now one suggestion that i can give you is that you must check when you are launching the application, check whether you are launching in the minimize mode or the maximize mode. If you launch the application and keep it in the minimize mode the application will just appear in the windows in the task bar and probably will not open the command due to the command+tab button. so ensure that it is maximized when you begin with the application.

I would say that you can try using any third application like virtual PC and see whether it works perfectly fine in it.If that does not work fine with your computer then you can switch to Expose all application which is specially designed for the mac user's. With these you can go through the different applications opened with the use of tab button. The application will give you the list of all windows opened and will be enabled with its design you just have to shift between the applications using the tab button. Just check this application and let me know if it works.
    Last edited by Ekpah; 08-12-2010 at 01:05 PM.

There are some applications that will help you but what if it does not work for you. The applications will work in little different manner that you are not used to. So i will give you another option where you have to work with the dock. You have to do a control click i.e. right click on the application dock icon and the list of documents will appear in front of you and you just have to select the document and it will directly get moved to the document. The another option is the floater window program called as the drag thing program. It will display all the list of the open windows on the screen and for the access you just have to go and click on it. Easily one of the simplest option to work in it.