Thread: Windows 7 is failed to find driver for Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 Joystick

Windows 7 is failed to find driver for Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 Joystick

Hello! Friends I have installed Window 7 64bit in my computer. And I have installed Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback in Window 7. But my window is failed to find the driver of Sidewinder Force Feedback. But the compatibility Center said that the Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 Joystick is suitable for Windows 7 64-bit and they have provided the link to download the driver but when you will go that site you won’t find the driver. That’s why I am confused that window will support Sidewinder force or not. Please help me in getting out this confusion and proper suggestion.

Re: Windows 7 is failed to find driver for Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 Joystick

Hi, guys I am in the same situation like you, I have recently upgrades from Window XP to Windows 7 64bit for my office Computer, I am also currently using Microsoft Flight Sim Deluxe Edition, and I am glad that all my games works well. When I attached the Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 in my Window 7 I saw the joystick option directly, but from the next time I when I have plugged it again no Joystick option available. And then once again I have tried for the driver online and support and the support offered by the Microsoft, and I met with the article that says there is no support of Joystick by Window 7. According to them Joystick is the outdated material. I was Shocked with that because today also most of the people use Joystick.

Re: Windows 7 is failed to find driver for Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 Joystick

Hi! I have Windows 7 Profession 64bit in my computer and I have just now installed Flight Simulator X with Acceleration! And then to I have tried to install the SideWinder Force Feedback 2 software in order play the game with the joystick. After installing I received error information announcing that SideWinder Force Feedback 2 is not compatible with Window 7 64 bit. And then I have plugged the joystick into a USB jacket and then I received an information message that the new hardware is found and automatically started searching for drivers. And now it works well in my computer. I think you should also try this method. And see, Good Luck for this method.

Hello! Friends, I have installed SideWinder Force Feedback 2 on windows 7 successfully and then I have plugged the joystick into the USB port like you, and I have on the option of the joystick and it detect it straight away and started well. But in case of Flight Simulator there is little the basic effect present on Flight Simulator X like the vibrate ground , command forces, and some others impractical effects. Through the software lying on windows XP we might have force every time, the joystick was tough to shift and it was extremely realistic, and on the XP the joystick is smooth. Difference is not only in case of FSX but it is also in SFF2 direct options controls that not available on this windows 7 edition. You also have same problem if not reply me