Thread: Windows 7 unable to recognize the new sound card

Windows 7 unable to recognize the new sound card

Hello friends, I had currently installed the new sound card and also downloaded the Windows 7 drivers from the internet. Even though the Device manager displays it, the software says it cannot find the card and will need to shut down the system. I have been having trouble with the noise/sound since Windows 7 unsuccessful to start and I repaired the problem by using the DVD and getting it repaired in safe mode also. I have looked at sound cards reviews and seen there are many people experiencing the same problems as me. I consider that installing the sound card will solve the issue, but it still was no fortune for me.I had tried the lot the, BIOS, old Drivers, new drivers but it won’t work. Please help

Re: Windows 7 unable to recognize the new sound card

For Windows to distinguish your sound card, you must find and install a well-matched driver for your sound card. Most sound cards require driver software to work accurately. Be sure that you have installed any software discs that came with the tool. If you don't have a disc or the software on the disc does not solve the problem, follow these steps:
    1. Verify that the driver for your sound card is available through Windows Update.
    2. If Windows Update does not locate a driver for your sound card, visit the website of the sound card producer to test if a driver is accessible. If one is available, download it. If not, contact the producer of the sound card.
    3. Click the Start button and first open the Device Manager, click Control Panel, click System and Maintenance, and then click Device Manager. If you are provoked for an administrator secret code or verification, type the secret code or provide verification.
    4. Look for a sound card beneath Device Manager under sound, video and verify that Windows does not distinguish your card.
    5. Shut Device Manager.
    6. Now by clicking the Start button Open Control Panel.
    7. Type add hardware in the Search box in to the Control Panel.
    8. Click on to the Install drivers for older devices with Add Hardware wizard. If you are encouraged for an administrator secret code that is the password, type the password and continue.

I do have the identical issue with my sound card (on an Asus P5ND2 SE motherboard). But finally got it detected, my outbound sound worked well, but my microphone stuttered in and out. I afterward found out that it was an inappropriateness concern with my sound card, my motherboard and windows 7. I got a Creative USB sound blaster and it works fine. I do have the latest drivers from the creative auto updater so that wasn't the difficulty. I saw a chart somewhere on the creative location with a catalog of all drivers for all sound cards and all OS from 2000 to Windows 7. But I can't locate it anywhere now. My sound card is on the list of supported for Windows 7 but DOES NOT work unless you're happy sounding like a dalek with your microphone. Wish it helps to you.

I think that you may have the issue with the hardware. Windows 7 repair or clean install will assist you out of the problem. With the Audigy installed the VIA sound chip will not do the job. The BIOS will observe a sound card and stop the onboard audio even when the onboard audio is enabled in the BIOS. Creative cards are disreputable for not functioning correctly. They may help you to work in one slot but not in another slot. Make an effort to insert it in a different slot and be ready to shift any other cards to different slots. And also if your motherboard has the AGP graphics and it is old and it is doubtful that there will be Windows 7 VIA drivers for it. Also it seems that you had a hardware malfunction on a latest machine which the Windows 7 repair install worked round but could not resolve. Solution for it is to return it to Mesh for substitute.