Thread: Printing problems in Windows 7

Printing problems in Windows 7

I am having laptop of HP with windows 7 operating system and also a printer of the HP Company. I wanted to print some documents of the office so I started the printer. After inserting paper into the printer, giving the print command to the printer so that the printer could start printing the documents but nothing was printed on the paper. I need a solution so that I can troubleshoot this problem.

Re: Printing problems in Windows 7

In order to troubleshoot the printer so that it can print the documents in windows 7 platform you need to check the cable. You need to unplug the cable from the printer and from the cabinet. After sometime connect the printer again with the cable and try to print the documents. If the paper is printed then the problem of printing is resolved. If the printer cable is damaged then you need to replace it.

If the printer is not printing the documents then in that case the port on the CPU to which the printer is connected might be damaged or not working. You can also try to connect to different port on the CPU. After connecting the printer to different port you can then send the print command and check if the problem is exists.

If you are trying to print a document and the printer is not printer then there might be a problem of driver. You might not be having the printer driver installed on your system and because of the missing driver the printer is not printing the documents. Then you need to install the driver. You can get the printer driver by visiting the official websites. If the driver is installed then you need to update the driver.

From the above given solution I have updated the driver of the printer, the problem of printer was resolved and now I can print the documents. Sometimes When I start the system and try to print the documents then I get an error message of “Windows cannot connect to the printer”. I need a solution for troubleshooting this problem.

You can troubleshoot the “Windows cannot connect to the printer” problem by following the below steps:
    1. Go to the start/control panel and select Devices and Printers.
    2. In the devices and printer click on “Add a Printer” button.
    3. Select local printer and create a new port. After creating the local port you should use it.
    4. Enter the network path to the printer i.e. ComputerName\SharedPrinterName in the port name text box.
    5. Choose the printer from the list given. After selecting the printer name it and decide whether you want to share this printer.
    6. After selecting the printer and choosing whether you want to share you need to decide whether you want to share this printer and click on ok button.