Thread: Troubleshooting incompatibility of explorer.exe on 64 bit platform

Troubleshooting incompatibility of explorer.exe on 64 bit platform

Recently I have upgraded myself from desktop to laptop and I have installed windows 7 operating system on it. Windows 7 operating system was working fine till last night. While browsing across the internet last night I was facing problem with the internet explorer and it was displaying an error message such as “incompatibility on 64 bit platform”. I need a solution to troubleshoot this problem.

Re: Troubleshooting incompatibility of explorer.exe on 64 bit platform

You need to check the requirements of the internet explorer before installing it on windows 7 platform. If the requirements are not satisfied then it may cause the problem. The requirements of internet explorer are such that it must be installed on Windows XP, Windows XP Service Pack 3, Windows Server 2003, and Windows XP x64 Edition operating system. The speed of Processor should be of 233MHz and the recommended memory should be 64 MB. It should have the display of Super VGA (800 x 600) or higher resolution. Internet connection, mouse, keyboard etc are the requirements which are needed. If the requirements are not meet then you need to upgrade your operating system.

While from the above given solution I have solved the problem of compatibility of internet explorer by upgrading my system and it is working fine. While browsing across the internet sometimes I get an error from the internet explorer web pages. I want a solution so that I can solve the Errors from Internet Explorer Web Pages and browse across the internet safely.

To remove the error from the internet explorer you need to follow the steps given below:
    • Open the internet explorer icon by double clicking on it.
    • Click on the tools menu and select internet options.
    • Select security tab from the internet option. Internet explorer security settings will appear.
    • You can select either "Default Level" or "Reset all zones to default level" options and close the dialog box to apply the settings. Now you are having the default settings of internet explorer and the display settings are off.

Explorer.exe acts as file manager in windows operating system. If you are having some software installed on your system then this software may also conflict with your operating system and because of which you may be getting the explorer.exe messages. If you are having Norton CleanSweep installed on your windows operating system then it may cause Explorer.exe errors. To solve the explorer.exe error you need to uninstall it. After uninstalling Norton CleanSweep explorer.exe error may be resolved.

If you are using the internet explorer 7 and you are getting the error such as incompatibility with 64 bit version then you need to reset the settings of internet explorer so that the compatibility problem is resolved. To rest the internet explorer you need to follow the steps given below:
    1. Open the internet explorer browser, click on tool menu and select Internet Options.
    2. In the advanced tab select reset button.
    3. If you want to erase the personal settings that you have made then you just need to check the checkbox next to the delete personal settings checkbox option. Click on the reset button.
    4. You need to provide the confirmation to restart the system after deleting the previous settings.
    5. After providing the confirmation the system will restart and open the internet explorer browser to check if the problem exists.