Thread: Troubleshooting taskbar problem in windows 7

Troubleshooting taskbar problem in windows 7

Recently I have upgraded my upgraded my operating system from windows vista to windows 7. Windows 7 is having many tools and features as compared to other operating system. Last night while browsing across the internet I was facing problem with the taskbar. The taskbar was not hiding and I need a solution to troubleshoot this problem.

Re: Troubleshooting taskbar problem in windows 7

If you want to auto hide the taskbar in windows 7 and if the taskbar is not hiding then you need to check whether the auto hide option is activated. You can verify whether the auto hide option is activated by pressing the CTRL and ESC button from the keyboard. After pressing the CTRL and ESC button Start menu will appear. Click on the settings, choose taskbar and Start menu. In the taskbar and Start menu verify that auto hide is not checked.

Hiding taskbar in windows 7 is very easy. If you want to hide the taskbar of windows 7 for sometime then you should click on the start button on the desktop and then go to settings. In the settings windows click on Taskbar and Start Menu. In the Taskbar and Start Menu properties window you need to check the auto hide the taskbar option. After checking the auto hide option the taskbar will hide automatically.

If you want to hide the taskbar in windows 7 permanently then auto hiding will be of no use. To hide the taskbar permanently in windows 7 you will require software named as ShellWin. It is tool for hiding the taskbar permanently unless you enable it. It is same as the windows task manager that provides facilities through which you can show and hide the taskbar.

Thanks for providing me the solution so that I can resolve the taskbar problem. From the above solution it was possible for me to hide the taskbar in windows 7. Also I want to know about some software if available to customize the taskbar. I need a solution so that I can customize my taskbar by using that software.

In order to customize the taskbar in windows 7 you need to use “7 Taskbar Tweaker”. 7 Taskbar Tweaker is a free ware utility available to customize the taskbar in windows 7. Below are the features of 7 Taskbar Tweaker utility
    1. You can show standard window menu on the right click instead of jumping.
    2. It allows you to disable the windows grouping.
    3. Disable the thumbnail preview.
    4. Allow you to focus on middle of the window instead of opening a new window.