Thread: Error while installing .net framework on windows 7

Error while installing .net framework on windows 7

I having a laptop of Dell Inspiron 6400 with Microsoft .net 2005 installed on it. After the new release of.net framework 2008 I wanted to install a new it so that I can use the advanced feature incorporated in it. For installing the new version of .net framework I downloaded it and started to perform the installation. While installing .net framework I was getting error and the installation failed. I want solution so that I can troubleshoot this problem and install the fresh copy of .net framework.

Re: Error while installing .net framework on windows 7

Before the installation of .net framework you need to check windows installer so that it should not be set to manual. You can check the windows installer by following the steps given below:
    1. Go to start/Run and in the run window type “services.msc” and press the ok button.
    2. When the list of services will be displayed you need to check for windows installer.
    3. After selecting windows installer checks its properties.
    4. If the start up type drop down list is set to disable then you need to set it to manual and press the ok button.
    5. After setting the start up type to manual exit the window and start the installation.

If the start up type is set to manual and still you are facing the problem while installing the .net then you need to check the windows registry. If there are corrupted files in the registry then it may also halt your installation. To check the windows registry you need go to start/Run and in the run window type “regedit” and press the enter key. When the registry open go to the location “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\msiserver” . Right click on the file and select export to save the backup file of the registry. Open the command prompt, type “sfc /scannow” and press the enter key. Double click and save the registry file. Import the saved registry file and restart the system. After the system restarts start the installation again to check if the problem persists again.

You can troubleshoot the installation error of .net framework by restoring the registration. When you use the restore utility it will not restore the corrupted registry. You can restore the registration by uninstalling the corrupted registry. To uninstall the corrupted registry you need to start the run dialog box, type "msiexec /unregister" and press the ok button. Then after uninstalling the corrupted registry you can use the "msiexec /regserver" to register it again and start the installation again.

Thanks for providing me the solution so that I can perform the installation of .net framework on the windows 7 platform. From the above solution given below I have installed .net framework but there were error when I started to use it. I need a solution so that I can resolve the problem and use the .net framework efficiently.

If you are facing the error while using .net framework then there might be some windows installation problem which causes this error. You need to repair the windows by using the Windows Installation CD. After inserting the windows installation CD you need to start the run window. In the run window type”cmd” and press the enter key. When the command prompt opens type "%InstallationPath%\dotnetfx.exe /t: %temp% /c:"msiexec.exe /fvecms %temp%\netfx.msi" and press the enter key. After pressing the enter key the repair installation will start. After the repair your .net framework error will be resolved.